PSU 2024 Softball thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Those of you in the Austin, TX area might want to show up wearing the colors or a cap. These ladies have had a great start to the season.

Reactions: Lanz

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
Overmatched, and what happened to Bridget Nemeth? Could have used her pitching tonight, she did not pitched all last week and today. Is she hurt, she is not in uniform this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lanz

NoSoup4U

Oct 14, 2021
Overmatched, what happened to Bridget Nemeth? Could have used her pitching tonight, she did not pitched all last week and today. Is she hurt, she is not in uniform this game.
Well there ya go --- you play a weak schedule of nobodys and then play a real team . Glad PSU subscribes to playing the little sisters of the poor schedule instead of iron sharpening iron

Attachments

• 1709600710219.png
    1709600710219.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 8

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Well there ya go --- you play a weak schedule of nobodys and then play a real team . Glad PSU subscribes to playing the little sisters of the poor schedule instead of iron sharpening iron

In theory, your general argument has some merit. But I'm not sure it, or your supporting data, is all that applicable in this instance.

Coach Crowell was hired as the new softball coach in August of 2020. What PSU Softball's record in 2014 thru 2020 is not all that relevant to what Crowell is doing with PSU softball these days.

As @CoolBean noted, PSU's best pitcher did not play when they took on Texas, which probably was a bigger impact on PSU's results against Texas than the strength of their schedule so far this season.

Lanz

Oct 29, 2021
In theory, your general argument has some merit. But I'm not sure it, or your supporting data, is all that applicable in this instance.

Coach Crowell was hired as the new softball coach in August of 2020. What PSU Softball's record in 2014 thru 2020 is not all that relevant to what Crowell is doing with PSU softball these days.

As @CoolBean noted, PSU's best pitcher did not play when they took on Texas, which probably was a bigger impact on PSU's results against Texas than the strength of their schedule so far this season.
Yeah I feel like this schedule strength is pretty much what we have seen every year and none of the previous teams have gone 15-2. Curious about the freshman pitcher not playing, though. Hope she is good to go moving forward.

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
To date, they are 1-1 vs ranked teams on the road. We will find out on Weds when they play Baylor, another ranked team. Hoping Nemeth is OK and start on Weds

Last edited:

BeerLion

Oct 12, 2021

They have played well, if you think it is a week schedule they have done what you want a good team to do. Win the games they are expected to win. They have played two ranked teams, I think #2 and #13 and beat the #13 team. I think Texas has played three ranked teams and has beaten two and lost to one. So I guess Texas' schedule is only slightly less weaker than Penn States. Come on give the girls some credit.

NoSoup4U

Oct 14, 2021

For now to borrow from GrimReaper
1709690424444.png

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
They have played well, if you think it is a week schedule they have done what you want a good team to do. Win the games they are expected to win. They have played two ranked teams, I think #2 and #13 and beat the #13 team. I think Texas has played three ranked teams and has beaten two and lost to one. So I guess Texas' schedule is only slightly less weaker than Penn States. Come on give the girls some credit.
Yeah, I agree. They have done well so far and doing what we expect a PSU team to do against these types of teams. I was curious to see how they would fare against the softball powerhouses(Texas is always up there). PSU Softball seems to have the right coach now and be on an upswing. I have no issues with them playing the type of schedule they are playing because it helps them build confidence going into the tough Big 10 season. Softball is 90% about the pitching, sounds like they have a pretty good one but would need some more solid pitchers to compete with the top 10 teams.

Reactions: ewb75

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
Without pitching this team is not good, onto 3 games losing streak

Latest posts