PSU Recruiting Thread

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Gibson Dec. McGowan 5-2...but of course this is not a relevant match considering both are multiple years from ncaa competition
Also McGowan is quite possibly a career 125, where it's much easier to find guys at Gibson's likely weights.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Gibson Dec. McGowan 5-2...but of course this is not a relevant match considering both are multiple years from ncaa competition
Correct. I’m pretty sure Chad Red beat Nick Lee for a state championship in HS, and hasn’t beaten him since.

Reactions: Got GSPs

JonElling

Mar 26, 2022
Actually I'm not quite sure what weight Gibson Actually projects to...but I'm certain it will never be 125, and most likely not 133 either. If I had to guess he might start at 149 Actually because of his frame...but it's anyone's guess. McGowan on the other hand looks very much like a career 125 and as another poster intimated those are hard to find.

Reactions: Got GSPs

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This article was written about Dalton Perry the day after he won the 126 AAA PIAA State Championship. It has a couple of typos, but it's a good read about Dalton's freshman season, and his competition at States.

Reactions: Kevin310

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
This article was written about Dalton Perry the day after he won the 126 AAA PIAA State Championship. It has a couple of typos, but it's a good read about Dalton's freshman season, and his competition at States.

“He had fun and scored points” it sounds like he’ll fit in well at Penn State

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Jimmy Mullen is listed on @dicemen99 spreadsheet, but I haven't see too much about him and PSU. So it was nice to stumble upon this tweet:

@El_Jefe -- anything to add to this???

He was at Michigan the previous weekend. And I should note that he also plays football, and has received offers, and gone on unofficial visits, for football as well as for wrestling. His Michigan visit was for wrestling.

Reactions: Tgar and Daveb9127

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Jimmy Mullen is listed on @dicemen99 spreadsheet, but I haven't see too much about him and PSU. So it was nice to stumble upon this tweet:

@El_Jefe -- anything to add to this???

He was at Michigan the previous weekend. And I should note that he also plays football, and has received offers, and gone on unofficial visits, for football as well as for wrestling. His Michigan visit was for wrestling.

Going to try and connect with him to learn more. Keep your fingers crossed!

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
He visited OKST a while back too.

He didn't meet Coach Booger or Coach Mullet in those trips, or Coach Franklin over the weekend. That seems like a clue.

I haven't followed his football recruiting as much, but IIRC the only major offer he's received is Rutger -- which already has Hamilton trying the dual track and with 4 yrs left.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
sooooooo....are we signing anyone today?
I cannot recall the last time Penn State wrestling acknowledged signing day. So, to answer your question, yes, I'm sure they are, but don't expect it to be announced.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I cannot recall the last time Penn State wrestling acknowledged signing day. So, to answer your question, yes, I'm sure they are, but don't expect it to be announced.

yeah, PSU would be going against their track record if they were to make any announcements.

In the past, we've learned of official signings by postings by the recruits, postings by their high schools, or newspaper articles from the local area of the recruits. I just checked the Twitter accounts of all the verbals (well, all but 1), and none of them had posted anything today.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
yeah, PSU would be going against their track record if they were to make any announcements.

In the past, we've learned of official signings by postings by the recruits, postings by their high schools, or newspaper articles from the local area of the recruits. I just checked the Twitter accounts of all the verbals (well, all but 1), and none of them had posted anything today.
Yep, same with the same result. Perhaps we'll see something tonight after school/practice hours. Will keep an eye out.

Latest posts