PSU vs Miami Fiesta Bowl

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
Watching Miami get routed yesterday as a 25.5 point favorite at home was nice to see. When I first turned it on and saw the Miami uniforms the 87 Fiesta Bowl game to mind.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Not from what I had seen on the game. It was Vinny that came back and said to Jimmy -I am not running. I am passing.
Yeah, my recollection right now is that Vinnie begged Jimmy to let him throw. Still, Johnson could have said no, we’re running. They had Alonzo Highsmith, ffs.

Reactions: Psu00

Michaelion

Oct 13, 2021
It’s hard to believe how pedestrian Miami football has become. I have become somewhat indifferent when watching them as opposed to rooting against them every week because losses were rare. However, whenever they experience even a bit of success, that familiar feeling of disdain surfaces so they can stay stuck in mediocrity, or worse, as far as I’m concerned.

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
I can’t stand that a$$hat to this day. When he comes on TV I turn him off.

I recorded that game on VHS, but unfortunately it came up missing on our last move. I even remember packing it, but where it went, I have no idea. That was the best PSU game I ever saw.

That's too bad. A poster had been looking for a Bell telephone commercial where the ball deflates.

Reactions: PSU87

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
That's too bad. A poster had been looking for a Bell telephone commercial where the ball deflates.
I had that on my version of the tape.... I'm pretty sure I tossed all my VHS tapes because I just wasn't watching them anymore, but I'll see if I still have it

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
I had 40 yard line seats, was a great experience !
We had two sets of tickets.... one set on about the 35 yard line, one front row end zone, right behind the 2nd "T" in Penn State. While we knew the view would have been better in the 35 yard line seats, we opted for field level. While our view of stuff going on at the other end of the field wasn't great, I'm really glad we picked the end zone seats. When DJ scored the game winning touchdown, he was running straight at us.

WSTLion87

Oct 10, 2021
Leaving the stadium at the end of the game outside vendors chanting... ALL Miami Hurricanes 1986 National Champions T-shirts ONE DOLLAR EACH!

Reactions: CVLion and PSU87

CamelbackPSU

Oct 13, 2021
Leaving the stadium at the end of the game outside vendors chanting... ALL Miami Hurricanes 1986 National Champions T-shirts ONE DOLLAR EACH!
My wife was pissed as all we could find was Miami #1 fingers after the game. And I had told her we would buy our stuff after the game so we did not have to hold all game. Definitely a different time in college football. We drove into one of the parking lots & told the guy we did not have tickets so could he direct us someplace where we could leave in case. He sent us a different direction and we ended up just across from the stadium. Within 20 minutes we had 4 Miami section tickets for $50 each.

Reactions: CVLion

CVLion

Oct 13, 2021
I was in Dallas with my high school marching band… we had performed in that year’s Cotton Bowl parade.

We watched the Fiesta Bowl from our hotel rooms. Except the dork in our room who was cheering for Miami… we kicked his *** out. He watched from the lobby.

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
It’s hard to believe how pedestrian Miami football has become. I have become somewhat indifferent when watching them as opposed to rooting against them every week because losses were rare. However, whenever they experience even a bit of success, that familiar feeling of disdain surfaces so they can stay stuck in mediocrity, or worse, as far as I’m concerned.
Miami and 108 other teams…including Penn State. Now three teams (Bama, Georgia, and O$U - sound familiar) have as much top end talent as the other 108 combined. College Football is broken.

Those were the days…

Latest posts