PSU WLAX 2023 Thread

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021
Wow!! Now 9-7 NU at the half.

PSU was down 8-1 at one point of the game.

This game is really fun!

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021
Well NU took the 3rd. I'm up past my bedtime. But this game is wonderful.

NU up 15-8.

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021
NU wins 19-9

PSU is a really good team. They need to get better at draws.

And did I mention that the first half was amazing!!!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
PSU with the win, 12-7. Any time you beat MD in LAX it's a big win. PSU was ranked #18, and UMD was ranked #10 heading into the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 86ed

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@Tom McAndrew Check it out. As @laKavosiey-st lion would say, #1 to #2 for the goal (vs defending state champs)

The pass seems weak, but it ended up being perfect. A heck of a catch and shot by the goal scored. It's hard to tell from the camera angle, but there was probably a shooting space violation that could have been called on the girl that came off the far side GLE.

Based on the outfits of the refs and the coach, I'm guessing this match was not played in the best of weather.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
The pass seems weak, but it ended up being perfect. A heck of a catch and shot by the goal scored. It's hard to tell from the camera angle, but there was probably a shooting space violation that could have been called on the girl that came off the far side GLE.

Based on the outfits of the refs and the coach, I'm guessing this match was not played in the best of weather.
Look at you with the "shooting space" call. Maybe on the girl coming from the far side of the goal, but #2 had beaten her mark.

The pass was thrown to space in anticipation of #2 coming around the goal, so it had to be a touch pass. Another view...

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Look at you with the "shooting space" call. Maybe on the girl coming from the far side of the goal, but #2 had beaten her mark.

The pass was thrown to space in anticipation of #2 coming around the goal, so it had to be a touch pass. Another view...

Yeah, I was referencing the girl coming from the far side of the goal. The other defender was covering the scorer, so even if she was in shooting space (which she wasn't), it wouldn't have been a violation on her.

Thanks for the other view. Based on that, it may have been technically a shooting space violation on the girl coming from the far side, but it was really minor and I doubt that any ref would have called that.

And you're correct that it had to be a touch pass. Just a great play.

Reactions: Grant Green