? PSU wrestlers in summer competition

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Besides the Olympics whose competitors include 2 former PSU wrestlers (Aaron Brooks, Zain Retherford) plus members of NLWC, are there any other national or international competitions PSU wrestlers, recruits, or recruiting targets are competing in this summer? Thanks.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Besides the Olympics whose competitors include 2 former PSU wrestlers (Aaron Brooks, Zain Retherford) plus members of NLWC, are there any other national or international competitions PSU wrestlers, recruits, or recruiting targets are competing in this summer? Thanks.
Luke Lilledahl, PJ Duke, Zack Ryder, and Connor Mirasola are sitting in the best-of-three finals at the US U20 Freestyle Trials. Entries at it include Cael Nasdeo, Tyler Kasak, Joe Sealey, Will Henckel, and Cole Mirasola. Not seeing any Lions on the U23 entry sheet yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: WV lion

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
THANKS for following up Greg!! I look forward to reading about this. Curious if you could get an interview with Nick Lee re his being hired as an assistant coach or is access to the coaches blocked until the wrestling season. I hope you have noticed that he was also a 4 time first team academic All American besides all his wrestling accolades (this is on the PSU sports webpage).

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
THANKS for following up Greg!! I look forward to reading about this. Curious if you could get an interview with Nick Lee re his being hired as an assistant coach or is access to the coaches blocked until the wrestling season. I hope you have noticed that he was also a 4 time first team academic All American besides all his wrestling accolades (this is on the PSU sports webpage).
Working on that. Not overly optimistic, but we'll see.

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Curious - How did RBY qualify at his weight (57 Kg, 126 pounds) for the Olympics, wrestling for Mexico? Curious how hard is it for him to make weight as he consistently wrestled at 133 pounds at Penn State and he sure did not look like he had pounds to lose.