question re getting stalling calls

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Watching these matches I wish that more wrestled like Mesenbrink-almost always on the move, lots of shots, rarely passive. However, it is not always the case. I see especially if a wrestler gets ahead he may wrestle very passively and defensively.These matches are not as exciting to watch. Now, I think sometimes wrestlers should push it more to get that stall warning and stall points, My analogy is pass interference calls-some WRs know how to go back to the ball into the defender who is not looking back and get the PI call. I think wrestlers need to know how to get the stall call.
Davis gave up the first period take down vs, Iowa which led to his loss. I know he is a true freshman but I thought he could have been much more aggressive and perhaps got an earlier stall call and perhaps points. I know a wrestler does not want to be reckless but increased aggression may get those stall calls early. Anyone any thoughts on this-especially is anyone refereed?.

Reactions: psunami

gslachta

May 16, 2023
Watching these matches I wish that more wrestled like Mesenbrink-almost always on the move, lots of shots, rarely passive. However, it is not always the case. I see especially if a wrestler gets ahead he may wrestle very passively and defensively.These matches are not as exciting to watch. Now, I think sometimes wrestlers should push it more to get that stall warning and stall points, My analogy is pass interference calls-some WRs know how to go back to the ball into the defender who is not looking back and get the PI call. I think wrestlers need to know how to get the stall call.
Davis gave up the first period take down vs, Iowa which led to his loss. I know he is a true freshman but I thought he could have been much more aggressive and perhaps got an earlier stall call and perhaps points. I know a wrestler does not want to be reckless but increased aggression may get those stall calls early. Anyone any thoughts on this-especially is anyone refereed?.
I’d love to know what the coaches are going to recommend for the Brands one knee down stall that seemed to befuddle Davis. I think they used it with Nagro but he blew past it to go for the left leg.

Reactions: bohucon

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
I’m with ya. But Davis never really even got close to a takedown once he was down 3 to 0. Hopefully they make the adjustments and Davis win’s in Maryland at the Big ten tournament. Should have a ton of PSU fans there and Nationals.