Quiz

SoCallini

Freshman
May 23, 2002
1,013
58
48
I am not an avid poster anymore as you can tell but thought I would have some fun. 1981 grad. I joined this board around 25 years ago. I recently retired and here are some fun facts. Almost all of you have seen the things I have made over the last 25 years. Many of you have seen my designs on TV. Quite a few of you have seen my designs up close and a good number of you have purchased one. Many Illini athletes have had one. Can you guess what I created?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Uncoach

SoCallini

Freshman
May 23, 2002
1,013
58
48
What was the key to developing metalwoods to replace wood clubs? The weight of the alloy?
There are two big advantages of metal over wood. The thin metal faces have compliance like a trampoline which adds ball speed and the hollow metal heads move all the weight to the perimeter which increases inertia and makes the head way more forgiving on off center impacts.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Uncoach

stoneaxe27

All-American
Sep 22, 2006
5,927
6,747
113
There are two big advantages of metal over wood. The thin metal faces have compliance like a trampoline which adds ball speed and the hollow metal heads move all the weight to the perimeter which increases inertia and makes the head way more forgiving on off center impacts.
What was your degree in?
 
Orange and Blue News

Latest

  1. 01 Orange and Blue News Illinois vs. Purdue preview: Players to watch, keys to the game, and a prediction
  2. 02 Orange and Blue News Illinois’ Berry Wallace earns preseason All-Big Ten honors
  3. 03 Orange and Blue News Illinois vs Purdue: Behind Enemy Lines with Gold and Black
  4. 04 Gold and Black Football Matchup Preview: Purdue at Illinois
  5. 05 Orange and Blue News Intel: Where Illinois stands with Brady Pettigrew ahead of his official visit