Random Michigan Game Rant

HawkeyePride24

Freshman
Nov 15, 2015
50
85
18
I'm a displaced Iowan. Born in Burlington and lived in Davenport.

No I live 20 minutes north of Ann Arbor (For 9 years) . It sucks. I need Iowa to win badly. Got to have bragging rights for as long as I can. Last 4 meetings have been rough.

I sense a mild case of apathy from the Hawkeye fanbase, not sure why but this is a "must win" for Iowa to get on a roll in the toughest part of the schedule. We need Kirk, Tim, Phil, Chris, and Team all locked in from the start. No ******** big play in the beginning from Michigan.

Why the f#$% are we worrying about passing the ball? **** pisses me off we have to "worry" about passing every damn year.

Many Michigan fans are bandwagon. Oh and they are all saying we shouldn't even show up because well, we suck.

People here assume I'm a Michigan fan and randomly will say "Go Blue!" and I am about to lose it.

Michigan is the most corrupt program in the Big Ten. They deserve nothing.

Ann Arbor is a dirty ********. I worked on "State" street. Smells like a nasty sewer.


Just watched the 2002 game. Banks, Lewis, and Clark were fun to watch. Zone blocking working like a charm. We must have ran the jail break screen a half dozen times.




I know, it's not about me. I've been a Hawkeye since I was 11 and now I'm 53 and I'm at that point where a "statement" game is needed to propel us into Ohio St week.


Iowa will play tough, smart, physical football.


Iowa 16

UM 13


Thanks, I needed to get this off my chest.
 

LetsGoHawks83

All-American
Mar 20, 2015
3,350
6,656
113
Shark Tank Writing GIF
 

Jonesy5960

Heisman
Feb 1, 2023
6,567
13,560
113
I'm a displaced Iowan. Born in Burlington and lived in Davenport.

No I live 20 minutes north of Ann Arbor (For 9 years) . It sucks. I need Iowa to win badly. Got to have bragging rights for as long as I can. Last 4 meetings have been rough.

I sense a mild case of apathy from the Hawkeye fanbase, not sure why but this is a "must win" for Iowa to get on a roll in the toughest part of the schedule. We need Kirk, Tim, Phil, Chris, and Team all locked in from the start. No ******** big play in the beginning from Michigan.

Why the f#$% are we worrying about passing the ball? **** pisses me off we have to "worry" about passing every damn year.

Many Michigan fans are bandwagon. Oh and they are all saying we shouldn't even show up because well, we suck.

People here assume I'm a Michigan fan and randomly will say "Go Blue!" and I am about to lose it.

Michigan is the most corrupt program in the Big Ten. They deserve nothing.

Ann Arbor is a dirty ********. I worked on "State" street. Smells like a nasty sewer.


Just watched the 2002 game. Banks, Lewis, and Clark were fun to watch. Zone blocking working like a charm. We must have ran the jail break screen a half dozen times.




I know, it's not about me. I've been a Hawkeye since I was 11 and now I'm 53 and I'm at that point where a "statement" game is needed to propel us into Ohio St week.


Iowa will play tough, smart, physical football.


Iowa 16

UM 13


Thanks, I needed to get this off my chest.
OK, but tell us how you really feel about your new surroundings.
 

83Hawk

All-Conference
Jan 1, 2023
1,725
3,881
113
I'm a displaced Iowan. Born in Burlington and lived in Davenport.

No I live 20 minutes north of Ann Arbor (For 9 years) . It sucks. I need Iowa to win badly. Got to have bragging rights for as long as I can. Last 4 meetings have been rough.

I sense a mild case of apathy from the Hawkeye fanbase, not sure why but this is a "must win" for Iowa to get on a roll in the toughest part of the schedule. We need Kirk, Tim, Phil, Chris, and Team all locked in from the start. No ******** big play in the beginning from Michigan.

Why the f#$% are we worrying about passing the ball? **** pisses me off we have to "worry" about passing every damn year.

Many Michigan fans are bandwagon. Oh and they are all saying we shouldn't even show up because well, we suck.

People here assume I'm a Michigan fan and randomly will say "Go Blue!" and I am about to lose it.

Michigan is the most corrupt program in the Big Ten. They deserve nothing.

Ann Arbor is a dirty ********. I worked on "State" street. Smells like a nasty sewer.


Just watched the 2002 game. Banks, Lewis, and Clark were fun to watch. Zone blocking working like a charm. We must have ran the jail break screen a half dozen times.




I know, it's not about me. I've been a Hawkeye since I was 11 and now I'm 53 and I'm at that point where a "statement" game is needed to propel us into Ohio St week.


Iowa will play tough, smart, physical football.


Iowa 16

UM 13


Thanks, I needed to get this off my chest.
Apathy from the Iowa fanbase? I can’t agree with that. If anything, many fans (at least on this board), seem a bit overconfident to me.

Agree it’s a big game, and the Hawks will need to be able to throw the ball.
 

uihawk82

All-Conference
Nov 17, 2021
2,958
4,396
113
I'm a displaced Iowan. Born in Burlington and lived in Davenport.

No I live 20 minutes north of Ann Arbor (For 9 years) . It sucks. I need Iowa to win badly. Got to have bragging rights for as long as I can. Last 4 meetings have been rough.

I sense a mild case of apathy from the Hawkeye fanbase, not sure why but this is a "must win" for Iowa to get on a roll in the toughest part of the schedule. We need Kirk, Tim, Phil, Chris, and Team all locked in from the start. No ******** big play in the beginning from Michigan.

Why the f#$% are we worrying about passing the ball? **** pisses me off we have to "worry" about passing every damn year.

Many Michigan fans are bandwagon. Oh and they are all saying we shouldn't even show up because well, we suck.

People here assume I'm a Michigan fan and randomly will say "Go Blue!" and I am about to lose it.

Michigan is the most corrupt program in the Big Ten. They deserve nothing.

Ann Arbor is a dirty ********. I worked on "State" street. Smells like a nasty sewer.


Just watched the 2002 game. Banks, Lewis, and Clark were fun to watch. Zone blocking working like a charm. We must have ran the jail break screen a half dozen times.




I know, it's not about me. I've been a Hawkeye since I was 11 and now I'm 53 and I'm at that point where a "statement" game is needed to propel us into Ohio St week.


Iowa will play tough, smart, physical football.


Iowa 16

UM 13


Thanks, I needed to get this off my chest.
That is quite the rant. My 10 or so friends that watch the hawks because they are hawk fans are really pretty pumped about this team. So far we see a defense that is everywhere on every play and not giving up much of any big plays. Diaz RVZ and our receivers, our TEnds, and running backs are doing great. Pass blocking has been very good. Our run game will beat them if they get some holes. Iowa state clowns play sort of a junk defense curling their outside lbkrs all over the place and trying to penetrate 7-8 guys to disrupt the run. Well the hawks finally solved that and qb Brown has been throwing it well.

I think our offense can move the ball on Mich and get the win with defense and special teams also.
 

eyesofhawk

All-Conference
Apr 17, 2011
3,457
3,358
113
I'm a displaced Iowan. Born in Burlington and lived in Davenport.

No I live 20 minutes north of Ann Arbor (For 9 years) . It sucks. I need Iowa to win badly. Got to have bragging rights for as long as I can. Last 4 meetings have been rough.

I sense a mild case of apathy from the Hawkeye fanbase, not sure why but this is a "must win" for Iowa to get on a roll in the toughest part of the schedule. We need Kirk, Tim, Phil, Chris, and Team all locked in from the start. No ******** big play in the beginning from Michigan.

Why the f#$% are we worrying about passing the ball? **** pisses me off we have to "worry" about passing every damn year.

Many Michigan fans are bandwagon. Oh and they are all saying we shouldn't even show up because well, we suck.

People here assume I'm a Michigan fan and randomly will say "Go Blue!" and I am about to lose it.

Michigan is the most corrupt program in the Big Ten. They deserve nothing.

Ann Arbor is a dirty ********. I worked on "State" street. Smells like a nasty sewer.


Just watched the 2002 game. Banks, Lewis, and Clark were fun to watch. Zone blocking working like a charm. We must have ran the jail break screen a half dozen times.




I know, it's not about me. I've been a Hawkeye since I was 11 and now I'm 53 and I'm at that point where a "statement" game is needed to propel us into Ohio St week.


Iowa will play tough, smart, physical football.


Iowa 16

UM 13


Thanks, I needed to get this off my chest.
Amen, brother!

Run the ball
 

eyesofhawk

All-Conference
Apr 17, 2011
3,457
3,358
113
Apathy from the Iowa fanbase? I can’t agree with that. If anything, many fans (at least on this board), seem a bit overconfident to me.

Agree it’s a big game, and the Hawks will need to be able to throw the ball.
If indeed Iowa needs to be able to throw the ball to win, better hope the run game is getting some milage
 
  • Like
Reactions: HawkeyePride24

HawkeyePride24

Freshman
Nov 15, 2015
50
85
18
Apathy from the Iowa fanbase? I can’t agree with that. If anything, many fans (at least on this board), seem a bit overconfident to me.

Agree it’s a big game, and the Hawks will need to be able to throw the ball.
That's fair. But remember I said "mild apathy" - We are playing one of the most well financed rosters in college football. QB alone is worth $12 million?? Total roster value is $32M and some change? This is just a big game that I'm not seeing as much as hype as I thought I would.
 

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
22,054
42,717
113
I'm a displaced Iowan. Born in Burlington and lived in Davenport.

No I live 20 minutes north of Ann Arbor (For 9 years) . It sucks. I need Iowa to win badly. Got to have bragging rights for as long as I can. Last 4 meetings have been rough.

I sense a mild case of apathy from the Hawkeye fanbase, not sure why but this is a "must win" for Iowa to get on a roll in the toughest part of the schedule. We need Kirk, Tim, Phil, Chris, and Team all locked in from the start. No ******** big play in the beginning from Michigan.

Why the f#$% are we worrying about passing the ball? **** pisses me off we have to "worry" about passing every damn year.

Many Michigan fans are bandwagon. Oh and they are all saying we shouldn't even show up because well, we suck.

People here assume I'm a Michigan fan and randomly will say "Go Blue!" and I am about to lose it.

Michigan is the most corrupt program in the Big Ten. They deserve nothing.

Ann Arbor is a dirty ********. I worked on "State" street. Smells like a nasty sewer.


Just watched the 2002 game. Banks, Lewis, and Clark were fun to watch. Zone blocking working like a charm. We must have ran the jail break screen a half dozen times.




I know, it's not about me. I've been a Hawkeye since I was 11 and now I'm 53 and I'm at that point where a "statement" game is needed to propel us into Ohio St week.


Iowa will play tough, smart, physical football.


Iowa 16

UM 13


Thanks, I needed to get this off my chest.
I feel your pain as an Iowan in Omaha, except I have the benefit of Iowa being Nebraska's daddy.

I would hate it if Iowa always lost.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TRHawkeye28

Hawk_4shur

All-Conference
Jan 2, 2009
900
2,134
93
It's not apathy. It's apprehension.

Consider -

A. Last year was a very good team, but fell short in 4 big games. Just couldn't seem to make the big stop or the big play to get over the hump. Very experienced team, veteran QB. Great kicker.

B. The last few games against Mich have been humbling. Not competitive at all on offense. Defense fought hard but got no help. Pretty much just beat downs.

C. Offense looked very familiar against ISU. No run, some pass. Scratch out a win over a team put together in 6 months. At home.

D. This team is young. QB is inexperienced. Worried about digging a hole early.

Add it up and you get apprehension.

I'm actually more worried about Iowa than I am about Michigan.
 

HawkeyePride24

Freshman
Nov 15, 2015
50
85
18
I feel your pain as an Iowan in Omaha, except I have the benefit of Iowa being Nebraska's daddy.

I would hate it if Iowa always lost.
To be Michigan's Daddy for at minimum for a year would be awesome. I would say to random Michigan fans "Hey did Michigan beat Iowa last year?" Knowing damn well they did. Just to hear these insufferable pricks admit they lost would be like Christmas every day....-
 
  • Like
Reactions: AFM22

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
22,054
42,717
113
To be Michigan's Daddy for at minimum for a year would be awesome. I would say to random Michigan fans "Hey did Michigan beat Iowa last year?" Knowing damn well they did. Just to hear these insufferable pricks admit they lost would be like Christmas every day....-
I think the best part is Nebraska fans don't even want to talk football after week 5 or 6.

They def don't talk shid leading up to the game. Last year it ended abruptly after their Minnesota game.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BroncHawk

Passing Is For COMMIES

All-Conference
Oct 30, 2023
558
1,019
93
I'm a displaced Iowan. Born in Burlington and lived in Davenport.

No I live 20 minutes north of Ann Arbor (For 9 years) . It sucks. I need Iowa to win badly. Got to have bragging rights for as long as I can. Last 4 meetings have been rough.

I sense a mild case of apathy from the Hawkeye fanbase, not sure why but this is a "must win" for Iowa to get on a roll in the toughest part of the schedule. We need Kirk, Tim, Phil, Chris, and Team all locked in from the start. No ******** big play in the beginning from Michigan.

Why the f#$% are we worrying about passing the ball? **** pisses me off we have to "worry" about passing every damn year.

Many Michigan fans are bandwagon. Oh and they are all saying we shouldn't even show up because well, we suck.

People here assume I'm a Michigan fan and randomly will say "Go Blue!" and I am about to lose it.

Michigan is the most corrupt program in the Big Ten. They deserve nothing.

Ann Arbor is a dirty ********. I worked on "State" street. Smells like a nasty sewer.


Just watched the 2002 game. Banks, Lewis, and Clark were fun to watch. Zone blocking working like a charm. We must have ran the jail break screen a half dozen times.




I know, it's not about me. I've been a Hawkeye since I was 11 and now I'm 53 and I'm at that point where a "statement" game is needed to propel us into Ohio St week.


Iowa will play tough, smart, physical football.


Iowa 16

UM 13


Thanks, I needed to get this off my chest.
I have despised that fanbase since the 2023 B1G champ game. Their fans SUCK.

The people I met who actually went to Michigan were cool. The problem is that that is like 1% of the fanbase. The rest are bandwagon losers like you said. Would love to kick their ***.
 

WeBeHerkin

All-American
Aug 5, 2016
5,151
5,840
113
I'm a displaced Iowan. Born in Burlington and lived in Davenport.

No I live 20 minutes north of Ann Arbor (For 9 years) . It sucks. I need Iowa to win badly. Got to have bragging rights for as long as I can. Last 4 meetings have been rough.

I sense a mild case of apathy from the Hawkeye fanbase, not sure why but this is a "must win" for Iowa to get on a roll in the toughest part of the schedule. We need Kirk, Tim, Phil, Chris, and Team all locked in from the start. No ******** big play in the beginning from Michigan.

Why the f#$% are we worrying about passing the ball? **** pisses me off we have to "worry" about passing every damn year.

Many Michigan fans are bandwagon. Oh and they are all saying we shouldn't even show up because well, we suck.

People here assume I'm a Michigan fan and randomly will say "Go Blue!" and I am about to lose it.

Michigan is the most corrupt program in the Big Ten. They deserve nothing.

Ann Arbor is a dirty ********. I worked on "State" street. Smells like a nasty sewer.


Just watched the 2002 game. Banks, Lewis, and Clark were fun to watch. Zone blocking working like a charm. We must have ran the jail break screen a half dozen times.




I know, it's not about me. I've been a Hawkeye since I was 11 and now I'm 53 and I'm at that point where a "statement" game is needed to propel us into Ohio St week.


Iowa will play tough, smart, physical football.


Iowa 16

UM 13


Thanks, I needed to get this off my chest.
Good place to park that would be at least a mile away to get in and out somewhat easy?
 

rchawk

All-American
Oct 27, 2001
75,058
9,979
113
I'm a displaced Iowan. Born in Burlington and lived in Davenport.

No I live 20 minutes north of Ann Arbor (For 9 years) . It sucks. I need Iowa to win badly. Got to have bragging rights for as long as I can. Last 4 meetings have been rough.

I sense a mild case of apathy from the Hawkeye fanbase, not sure why but this is a "must win" for Iowa to get on a roll in the toughest part of the schedule. We need Kirk, Tim, Phil, Chris, and Team all locked in from the start. No ******** big play in the beginning from Michigan.

Why the f#$% are we worrying about passing the ball? **** pisses me off we have to "worry" about passing every damn year.

Many Michigan fans are bandwagon. Oh and they are all saying we shouldn't even show up because well, we suck.

People here assume I'm a Michigan fan and randomly will say "Go Blue!" and I am about to lose it.

Michigan is the most corrupt program in the Big Ten. They deserve nothing.

Ann Arbor is a dirty ********. I worked on "State" street. Smells like a nasty sewer.


Just watched the 2002 game. Banks, Lewis, and Clark were fun to watch. Zone blocking working like a charm. We must have ran the jail break screen a half dozen times.




I know, it's not about me. I've been a Hawkeye since I was 11 and now I'm 53 and I'm at that point where a "statement" game is needed to propel us into Ohio St week.


Iowa will play tough, smart, physical football.


Iowa 16

UM 13


Thanks, I needed to get this off my chest.
I know what you mean Hawkeye Pride. In 2023 I retired to West Michigan, a ways north of Muskegon. Beautiful country and I can hear the ships sounding their horns at night.

My cousin is coming over for the game tomorrow, we are a lot alike except he is die-hard Blue. We agree the game could go either way. Someday perhaps I will take him to a game in Kinnick Stadium, he's only seen it on television..
 

wilson reborn

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
1,568
3,047
113
It's not apathy. It's apprehension.

Consider -

A. Last year was a very good team, but fell short in 4 big games. Just couldn't seem to make the big stop or the big play to get over the hump. Very experienced team, veteran QB. Great kicker.

B. The last few games against Mich have been humbling. Not competitive at all on offense. Defense fought hard but got no help. Pretty much just beat downs.

C. Offense looked very familiar against ISU. No run, some pass. Scratch out a win over a team put together in 6 months. At home.

D. This team is young. QB is inexperienced. Worried about digging a hole early.

Add it up and you get apprehension.

I'm actually more worried about Iowa than I am about Michigan.
Agree with you on C. Not worried about the other ones.
 

nu2u

All-Conference
Aug 10, 2006
10,645
3,214
113
It's not apathy. It's apprehension.

Consider -

A. Last year was a very good team, but fell short in 4 big games. Just couldn't seem to make the big stop or the big play to get over the hump. Very experienced team, veteran QB. Great kicker.

B. The last few games against Mich have been humbling. Not competitive at all on offense. Defense fought hard but got no help. Pretty much just beat downs.

C. Offense looked very familiar against ISU. No run, some pass. Scratch out a win over a team put together in 6 months. At home.

D. This team is young. QB is inexperienced. Worried about digging a hole early.

Add it up and you get apprehension.

I'm actually more worried about Iowa than I am about Michigan.
Well summarized points.

The last couple of games at Michigan Stadium were over before halftime. Monumental hang-your-head in shame *** whippings. The embarrassment was so great that instead of feeling angry, as normal, I felt really sorry for Ferentz. He was humiliated. The cameras frequently showed the Michigan sideline essentially celebrating the entire 2nd half.

If Michigan fans have expectation that they will romp on Saturday you cannot blame them. They witnessed all of it. Frankly, the mocking is probably deserved.
 

herkhatescy2

All-Conference
Dec 2, 2024
2,137
2,995
113
I have despised that fanbase since the 2023 B1G champ game. Their fans SUCK.

The people I met who actually went to Michigan were cool. The problem is that that is like 1% of the fanbase. The rest are bandwagon losers like you said. Would love to kick their ***.
I was there and agree.
 

Jonesy5960

Heisman
Feb 1, 2023
6,567
13,560
113
Well summarized points.

The last couple of games at Michigan Stadium were over before halftime. Monumental hang-your-head in shame *** whippings. The embarrassment was so great that instead of feeling angry, as normal, I felt really sorry for Ferentz. He was humiliated. The cameras frequently showed the Michigan sideline essentially celebrating the entire 2nd half.

If Michigan fans have expectation that they will romp on Saturday you cannot blame them. They witnessed all of it. Frankly, the mocking is probably deserved.
The last game at Ann Arbor ended at 10-3 so I'm struggling to understand how that was a monumental hang-your-head in shame azz whipping that was over before halftime.
 

nu2u

All-Conference
Aug 10, 2006
10,645
3,214
113
The last game at Ann Arbor ended at 10-3 so I'm struggling to understand how that was a monumental hang-your-head in shame azz whipping that was over before halftime.
You’re right. I was remembering the BTCGs in Indianapolis 26-0 & 42-3 losses….and we should acknowledge that Harbaugh called off the dogs early (probably not to embarrass KF further)

The 10-3 loss is respectable but a quick look at the 3 games discussed show a 78-6 scoring gap.

I do think Michigan is somewhat vulnerable this year. I really hope the Iowa offense can move the ball against the Wolverine defense for once - I’m skeptical but also curious/hopeful with Lester calling plays now.
 
Last edited:

eyesofhawk

All-Conference
Apr 17, 2011
3,457
3,358
113
You’re right. I was remembering the BTCGs in Indianapolis 26-0 & 42-3 losses….and we should acknowledge that Harbaugh called off the dogs early (probably not to embarrass KF further)

The 10-3 loss is respectable but a quick look at the 3 games discussed show a 78-6 scoring gap.

I do think Michigan is somewhat vulnerable this year. I really hope the Iowa offense can move the ball against the Wolverine defense for once - I’m skeptical but also curious/hopeful with Lester calling plays now.
Should we acknowledge that one of those games was determined to have been played with an unfair competitive advantage?

Should we acknowledge that '22/'23 wouldn't have looked anything like it did without substantial bad luck having added up against the Hawks?

Any independent investigator would determine '22/'23 to have been throw away years, within about 5 minutes.

Completely atypical and not representative of Hawkeye football for over two decades. And accompanied by very obvious and traceable factors that had almost nothing to do with the coaching staff.

The investigator, having a thirst for answers, would in short time direct his inquiry into what in the hell is wrong with football fans
 

eyesofhawk

All-Conference
Apr 17, 2011
3,457
3,358
113
You’re right. I was remembering the BTCGs in Indianapolis 26-0 & 42-3 losses….and we should acknowledge that Harbaugh called off the dogs early (probably not to embarrass KF further)

The 10-3 loss is respectable but a quick look at the 3 games discussed show a 78-6 scoring gap.

I do think Michigan is somewhat vulnerable this year. I really hope the Iowa offense can move the ball against the Wolverine defense for once - I’m skeptical but also curious/hopeful with Lester calling plays now.
That's interesting.

I really hope Iowa can win. I'm hopeful, with KF running the show now
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Caitlin Clark to serve as ESPN College GameDay celebrity guest picker ahead of Iowa vs. Ohio State
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football ESPN personalities thrilled to be at Iowa
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Basketball Recruiting Iowa Women's Basketball lands four-star center Khalia Hartwell
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Iowa Hawkeyes Football Recruiting: Weekend Preview
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Nation's No. 5 linebacker Brodie Metzger back in Iowa City, Hawkeyes among his early favorites