From everything I've read and seen with his potential at K-State i think he could be a Sterling Gibbs type steal for usSo I have not seen him play.
But reading his "biography" you can see some potential. Some inconsistency issues also.
Some highlights of the comments from Nigel Johnson's Sophomore season at Kansas State:
1) Averaged 18 minutes a game, and 34% from 3-point range.
2) Averaged 1.7 assists per game and 1 turnover per game - not a bad ratio.
3) Averaged just 5.2 points per game (not much), in those 18 minutes a game. The inconsistency comes into play, due to Johnson having double digit scoring in 6 games, including 4 of his last 8 games of the season (which included a 20 point and a 17 point performance in 2 of his last 4 games), but only averaging 5 points a game overall.
4) He started 8 games ... but though biased towards the end of the season, even then his playing time was wildly inconsistent: Some games he played 30+ minutes, some under 10 minutes ... and this was after their suspended starting 2G Foster was back and playing and starting (i.e. Johnson started some games with Foster back, but did not start others with Foster back).
5) Johnson's 2 best games were against Kansas States' 2 best opponents: Kansas and Iowa State - both late in the season. John son got more playing time, and had better stats (linked to playing time, no doubt) in the last month than earlier in the season.
I do not know if Johnson is an impact player, per se. But he would be RU's best or 2nd best perimeter shooter NOW, it would appear. And will clearly be a major contributor immediately. It appears on PAPER he would be an upgrade over Daniels, for next season.
DJ and Mike are only two games into their sophomore year so the book hasn't been written on them but how much playing time would each get on an upper-level Big Ten team? I don't know the answer but I'm guessing it would be in the low-double digit minutes per game range.
Higgins
You failed to answer my question.
Nuts. Keep Flood out of this!
I believe Sanders is a difference maker. I see him making All-Big 10 teams in the future. And I am not one for hype. The kid is a legit future pro prospect. He just has to keep working. I do think you need more than 1 difference maker though. Kwe could of been that
At CC meeting, Eddie mentioned that he coached Nigel @AAU and knows him real well. He wishes he was able to perform this year. At the practice, you could see that he is a good player & EJ thinks he may be the best player in practices. Could it be Kwe decommitted b/c Nigel was in his path?? So a Corey, Nigel, Williams and Goode backcourt looks pretty solid for next year.
The Knight Report
Which Rutgers Women's Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
On3 Football
College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
The Knight Report Football
Behind Enemy Lines: An inside look at the Indiana Hoosiers
On3 Football
Inside college football’s looming contract fight: Why player buyouts are about to take center stage
The Knight Report
Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game