Red shirts burned

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Other than Davis, what other freshman out there have had there shirts burned. I know ohio state has a few freshman and iowa has a few, but not sure how many competitions they competed in.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Other than Davis, what other freshman out there have had there shirts burned. I know ohio state has a few freshman and iowa has a few, but not sure how many competitions they competed in.
Kasak.

Reactions: Got GSPs

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Doesn’t matter. It’s going to be burnt. I guess his first tournament was unattached? Before SVN got hurt? He’s 6-1 on the season.
Only wrestled 1 tourn. Loss was to Bartlett on neutral danger at end of 3rd period

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Only wrestled 1 tourn. Loss was to Bartlett on neutral danger at end of 3rd period
Right. I’m just trying to figure out how many matches he wrestled that actually counted towards the redshirt, but it doesn’t matter all that much. That redshirt isn’t really an issue anymore. I think it’s full steam ahead with him.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Right. I’m just trying to figure out how many matches he wrestled that actually counted towards the redshirt, but it doesn’t matter all that much. That redshirt isn’t really an issue anymore. I think it’s full steam ahead with him.
Yea. His shirt will be burned. I was more curious about the rest of the country.

Reactions: LB99
May 16, 2023
Ohio State is going to burn the redshirt of prize recruit Rocco Welsh, though don't believe he's yet reached the five match limit. This due to the season-ending injury to Kharchla.

Not sure who you refer to at Iowa. It appears that Gabe Arnold will stay in redshirt. Ben Kueter may yet lose his redshirt, but it matters less for him, as Kueter's goal should be to make a living playing NFL football.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Ohio State is going to burn the redshirt of prize recruit Rocco Welsh, though don't believe he's yet reached the five match limit. This due to the season-ending injury to Kharchla.

Not sure who you refer to at Iowa. It appears that Gabe Arnold will stay in redshirt. Ben Kueter may yet lose his redshirt, but it matters less for him, as Kueter's goal should be to make a living playing NFL football.
Was referring to Welsh, Arnold and Kueter. I think they said Kueter did even play a down this football season.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
I know rags came out of shirt in Michigan since cannon got hurt. And Flynn from VT came out of Olympic redshirt.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
He has 1 competition left
That’s why Evans wrested this past weekend. Think Cael and staff want to be sure about 149. Evans wrestled well. Still think they burn the shirt. Who knows they might settle it in the room.

Still in State Colllege

Oct 12, 2021
Well, the great thing is there is really no Red Shirts that get burned. You can use them any year. I understand the discussion, but it isn't like they are getting wasted. If Kasak and Davis are starters no year was lost.

Reactions: LB99 and BeerLion

Latest posts