Redemption Day! +7.5 vs Auburn

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Not a BB game. It’s a boxing match these refs are a joke
You have to adjust to the way the game is being called. Auburn is up into our guards. You have be able to break them down off of that instead of crying for calls. Refs are not going to call every foul.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Does that surprise you??? Bunch of thugs playing street ball and refs are calling touch fouls on us. You can tell our guys are getting frustrated
It is a strangely called game. They get away with extreme hacking. No call. We get away with some hacking then get called for lots of touch fouls. They get called for no touch fouls or hacks.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
We like to bring in bench players and wear the our team down. Doesn’t work against these guys because they go 10 deep and theirs are better than ours. Let’s just try to keep it respectable.

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022
On the bright side, we managed to get an additional win by not getting the double bye.
This beat down was inevitable vs this style team.
We are good. We just aren't THAT good.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Does that surprise you??? Bunch of thugs playing street ball and refs are calling touch fouls on us. You can tell our guys are getting frustrated
Wrong, Auburn is playing the right way based on their strengths. Why be disrespectful because they are kicking our ***.

Reactions: Mountain guy

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Auburn is playing a great game. Beating us over and over on back cuts and knocking down shots. Nothing street ball about it. Street ball is all offense and no defense. Their defense is relentless.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
You guys are better than me. I handed the wife the remote about a half hour ago and she's watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Too late, but good drive by Wright and a finish. That’s the type of play you need to be effective against aggressive defense.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
You guys are better than me. I handed the wife the remote about a half hour ago and she's watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives.
I am mostly curious at this point to see if we can actually lose by the same margin as the first game. Just like watching a train wreck.

Reactions: USCEE82

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Auburn is playing a great game. Beating us over and over on back cuts and knocking down shots. Nothing street ball about it. Street ball is all offense and no defense. Their defense is relentless.
We obviously do not match up well with Auburn. They are a good team. Pearl has done a very good job in putting that team together.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Maybe extension was to soon?
You are probably joking (I know I am), but this beat down does have a Mel Tucker feel to it.

Looking at it the other way, I'm glad we took care of the extension during the SECT and don't have to deal with that distraction during the NCAAT.

Reactions: Blues man

ScWildthing61

Jan 23, 2022
Well I now have my player that gets on my nerves #0 for auburn(the one that looks like Russell Westbrook in the face, yeah he's that ugly) now that's established, auburn will probably win the tournament and that little jerk will probably be MVP.

#4 for auburn is a close second, looks like an ugly Carlos boozer annoying too.

Still think Pearl's a cheating sack of...

Reactions: Tngamecock

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
Really nervous about Cooper. If he is out then the season is over for South Carolina. Hopefully Coach Paris has good news about Cooper's status.

Reactions: gamecock stock

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
You are probably joking (I know I am), but this beat down does have a Mel Tucker feel to it.

Looking at it the other way, I'm glad we took care of the extension during the SECT and don't have to deal with that distraction during the NCAAT.
Mel Tucker was 9-15 as a Head Coach before that one magical season he had. He was 7-7 after that one magical season. Lamont Paris @Chattanooga won a conference championship in his 5th and final season there, winning nearly 70% of his games in his final 3 years there. There is no similarity.

Bruce Pearl is in his 10th season at Auburn. He was 26-40 after his first 2 seasons there finishing 13th in the SEC both years and made no post-season tournament.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Mel Tucker was 9-15 as a Head Coach before that one magical season he had. He was 7-7 after that one magical season. Lamont Paris @Chattanooga won a conference championship in his 5th and final season there, winning nearly 70% of his games in his final 3 years there. There is no similarity.

Bruce Pearl is in his 10th season at Auburn. He was 26-40 after his first 2 seasons there finishing 13th in the SEC both years and made no post-season tournament.
Relax. I prefaced my comments by saying I was joking. I was merely comparing this game to the Ohio State game right after Tucker got his big contract. And, yes, those games do feel similar.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Relax. I prefaced my comments by saying I was joking. I was merely comparing this game to the Ohio State game right after Tucker got his big contract. And, yes, those games do feel similar.
Others might remember Mel Tucker and how he did after that one season. I just wanted to comment for those that there are no similarities between those 2 guys abilities.

Reactions: Uscg1984

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Feels good to know that we've just virtually doubled what we will soon be paying to lose by 31 points.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
If you're talking CBB mens and women's combined, maybe Kim Mulkey, but even that may be a tie.
Lol. Good point. Personally, I'm not as passionate about women's basketball. I had to quickly go and edit my original post to add "college basketball" because I forgot about Dabo and Shawn Payton.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Others might remember Mel Tucker and how he did after that one season. I just wanted to comment for those that there are no similarities between those 2 guys abilities.
You and I probably agree on both the timing and size of Paris' new contract. But today sure felt like a Gamecock moment.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Feels good to know that we've just virtually doubled what we will soon be paying to lose by 31 points.
It does, doesn't it? Soak it in, King. That's how you know you're still alive . . . and still a Gamecock.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
They are obviously better than us, but it's hard to believe someone who finished with the same conference record as us is THAT much better than us. But they did it 2x, so you can't argue against it. The general sense was the first game was just an anomaly. Hard to keep that narrative now, though.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
They are obviously better than us, but it's hard to believe someone who finished with the same conference record as us is THAT much better than us. But they did it 2x, so you can't argue against it. The general sense was the first game was just an anomaly. Hard to keep that narrative now, though.
Oh, Lord, no.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
You and I probably agree on both the timing and size of Paris' new contract. But today sure felt like a Gamecock moment.
I wonder if we agree because (based on your handle), I think we both are Boomers. If so, we have both seen more of those "Gamecock moments" than any human beings ought to endure.