Revenue Sharing

dark_check

All-Conference
Mar 7, 2022
2,819
3,364
113
For those who know more than I do about this (many I’m sure), regarding this and RU MBB approx getting $3mm of our $20.5mm, please, what other schools or conferences get this? Folks keep saying this will be a shot in the arm for NIL, but if all our competition gets it too isn’t it just inflation?
 

fluoxetine

Heisman
Nov 11, 2012
23,529
16,898
0
For those who know more than I do about this (many I’m sure), regarding this and RU MBB approx getting $3mm of our $20.5mm, please, what other schools or conferences get this? Folks keep saying this will be a shot in the arm for NIL, but if all our competition gets it too isn’t it just inflation?

Not sure the details but I don’t think it’s just inflation as thing are relative.

I’d rather have $4m to compete with $6m than $1m to compete with $3m

It’s similar to how we got Ace/Dylan.. if there’s already money there the incremental dollar becomes less important.

If it’s coupled with a crackdown on ******** “NIL” that is just a player salary it would help even more.
 

dark_check

All-Conference
Mar 7, 2022
2,819
3,364
113
Not sure the details but I don’t think it’s just inflation as thing are relative.

I’d rather have $4m to compete with $6m than $1m to compete with $3m

It’s similar to how we got Ace/Dylan.. if there’s already money there the incremental dollar becomes less important.

If it’s coupled with a crackdown on ******** “NIL” that is just a player salary it would help even more.
Good points. I should have detailed more. For example do Big East teams get 20.5 and don’t have to worry about football?
 

fluoxetine

Heisman
Nov 11, 2012
23,529
16,898
0
Good points. I should have detailed more. For example do Big East teams get 20.5 and don’t have to worry about football?

Big East teams definitely have less, though I don’t know if that will equate to less for basketball because the no football point is valid.
 
  • Like
Reactions: darkcheck
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Football Behind Enemy Lines: An inside look at the Indiana Hoosiers
  2. 02 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game
  3. 03 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  4. 04 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big Ten football team after Week 4
  5. 05 The Knight Report Anthony Knox wants Iowa at Jersey Mike's Arena