Rich getting richer

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
It'll be interesting to see next year if whoever draws the short straw between Stockton and Rashada sticks it out anyway or transfers somewhere else to start. I can't see either one being content to back up after Beck moves on.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
It'll be interesting to see next year if whoever draws the short straw between Stockton and Rashada sticks it out anyway or transfers somewhere else to start. I can't see either one being content to back up after Beck moves on.
One thing is obvious, Kirby will never be caught with a lack of options at qb again like he was when Fromm unexpectedly left. Stockton is the clear #2 right now but Kirby lets all of them know competition is constant and no position is guaranteed. Vandergriff knew he wasn't going to start and he was running out of time so he jumped to UK, probably a smart move on his part. UK was pretty well empty at qb. I wonder if the qbs who transfer because they can't earn the starting job ever consider the fact that if they can't win the starting job at a college, they probably aren't going to be playing in the NFL?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
One thing is obvious, Kirby will never be caught with a lack of options at qb again like he was when Fromm unexpectedly left. Stockton is the clear #2 right now but Kirby lets all of them know competition is constant and no position is guaranteed. Vandergriff knew he wasn't going to start and he was running out of time so he jumped to UK, probably a smart move on his part. UK was pretty well empty at qb. I wonder if the qbs who transfer because they can't earn the starting job ever consider the fact that if they can't win the starting job at a college, they probably aren't going to be playing in the NFL?

Yep. Even in the portal era, there are a few schools that are good enough to stockpile talent, willing to battle it out for a starting job.

We are not one of them.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
I suppose the bigger question is if Montgomery stays committed. There's a 0% chance that Stockton, Rashada and Montgomery all finish out their careers at UGA.
Rashada seems like something of a head case, he jumped all over the place before landing at Arizona State. He seems like a "me" kind of guy too and Kirby doesn't like those kind of players. He might be a place holder at UGA until they can sign another qb in 2025. He is 6'4"/185 lbs. He might get killed if he plays against any legit SEC defenses.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Yep. Even in the portal era, there are a few schools that are good enough to stockpile talent, willing to battle it out for a starting job.

We are not one of them.
Yep. The really good guys dont care about what the depth is. Only a few schools will get those kind of guys. UGA is one of them.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Yep. The really good guys dont care about what the depth is. Only a few schools will get those kind of guys. UGA is one of them.
And they know if they can't crack the starting job there, they've got schools like UK in their back pocket.

Reactions: Blues man

Latest posts