RIP Actress Maggie Smith, 89

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,746
21,462
113
I remember her from Sister Act 2.

Because I am one of the few people on this planet who paid no attention to Harry Potter or Downton Abbey.

RIP, Dame Maggie.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shep

wbcbus

All-Conference
Oct 8, 2021
1,707
4,122
113
I remember her from Sister Act 2.

Because I am one of the few people on this planet who paid no attention to Harry Potter or Downton Abbey.

RIP, Dame Maggie.

Well who has time when there's so many Sister Acts to watch.
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,507
22,682
113
I remember her from Sister Act 2.

Because I am one of the few people on this planet who paid no attention to Harry Potter or Downton Abbey.

RIP, Dame Maggie.
You should catch The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie when TCM is showing it. She made many fine films but that was her high point, from 1969, when she was 35.
 

manatree

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,515
6,327
113
I’m partial to Travels With My Aunt, a rather wacky film, based on an even wackier Graham Greene book. Never realized that it’s a George Cukor film.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

manatree

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,515
6,327
113

Another list, this one from the NYTimes

10 Great Maggie Smith Performances to Stream

I had not heard of A Private Function (1984), but shall be tracking it down now as it looks hilarious.

And if you are looking for a cocktail to go with your viewing.

Maggie Smith’s Influence Rippled to the Cocktail Hour
In 2011, a New York bartender paid tribute to the actor with a sly tweak to a pre-Prohibition cocktail.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State bowl projections: Where could the Lions play in the postseason after losing to Wisconsin?
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting Penn State recruits weigh in after Wisconsin heartbreak: 'I don't see them losing another game this year'
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Penn State's recruiting weekend: 2027 RB Jordan Hall books a return, top 2028s talk Nittany Lions
  4. 04 BWI Football Here's why Penn State's Offense Imploded Against Wisconsin
  5. 05 BWI Football It's Penn State-Northwestern week: Game time, spread, channel, streaming info, storylines, more