RIP Anthony Steels

schuele

All-American
Apr 17, 2005
21,124
5,734
0
RIP - That's really sad. I think I remember him singing the national anthem before a game his senior year.

Good player too. Loved those wingbacks!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: newAD

bigboxes

All-American
Sep 4, 2004
46,425
7,084
113
Thanks for this (unhappy) update. His life was filled with memorable highs and self-destructive lows. When someone is able to overcome their demons it's sad when something like this happens. Thanks for the memories Anthony.
 
Last edited:

newAD

All-American
Oct 14, 2007
15,429
5,006
0
RIP - That's really sad. I think I remember him singing the national anthem before a game his senior year.

Good player too. Loved those wingbacks!

1981 Iowa State game. I was 12, and for some reason Nebraska public TV carried the game. It was awesome. RIP "Slick."
 

Redscarlet

Heisman
Jun 17, 2001
34,514
12,566
113
Sad news indeed, much to young to die.

God Bless him and his family during this difficult time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rrthusker
Aug 29, 2005
15,288
22,793
113
I remember that TO said Slick came and asked to sing the National Anthem on Senior day. It was such a memorable moment. He sounded great, the crowd loved it. RIP
 

GBR01

Redshirt
Feb 28, 2010
335
43
28
1981 Iowa State game. I was 12, and for some reason Nebraska public TV carried the game. It was awesome. RIP "Slick."

Slick caught a touchdown pass in that game.
 
Last edited:
Inside Nebraska

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska HC Matt Rhule previews Maryland at game week press conference
  2. 02 High School Football Nebraska 5-star QB commit Trae Taylor goes off in win over Millard South
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  4. 04 Inside Nebraska Football Everything Matt Rhule said after Michigan State
  5. 05 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska bests Spartans in East Lansing | PHOTO