Hall of Fame reliever, Cy Young winner Bruce Sutter dies
Bruce Sutter, who entered the Baseball Hall of Fame after 300 saves with the Cubs, Cardinals and Braves, has died at 69.
He was filthy good.Great reliever for many years with the Braves and Cardinals. R.I.P.
Yeah Donegal HS in Mt Joy. Played football against him in high school. RIP Bruce.Lancaster County boy. R.I.P.
So young. How did he pass?
The NBC sports anchor in St Louis reported that he had stomach cancer.From the link in the first post:
”Sutter was recently diagnosed with cancer and died Thursday night in hospice, surrounded by his family, one of Sutter's three sons, Chad, told The Associated Press. The Baseball Hall of Fame said Bruce Sutter died in Cartersville, Georgia.”
![]()
BWI Football
9 things I think after Penn State fails from start to finish at Northwestern: Will it somehow get worse before it gets better?
BWI Football
Penn State football skewered after Northwestern loss as Matt Campbell admits Lions lacked key traits in 'every way': What they're saying
BWI Football
Matt Campbell says Penn State has 'to find answers, and we’ve got to get it fixed fast'; at this point, can it?
BWI Football
Penn State report card: Grading the Lions' 34-13 loss at Northwestern
BWI Football
What did Northwestern coach David Braun, Penn State players, say about the Wildcats' 34-13 win? 'I think we need to just get stuff going'