RIP Christine McVie

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Never got to see her with Fleetwood Mac but did see her with Lindsey Buckingham when they put out an album several years ago to harken her return to live playing.

F4DBE2EA-A5C3-46BD-BDF6-06CD526950BC.jpeg

Reactions: PSUJam

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
It didnā€™t matter who you listened to, the Fleetwood Mac and Rumors albums were gigantic. I canā€™t remember going to a party, someoneā€™s house, driving in the car, wherever you went, without hearing one of these albums eventually played. A beautiful voice and spirit. RIP.

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
I always liked her voice better than I did Stevie's. One of my favorites.

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Never got to see her with Fleetwood Mac but did see her with Lindsey Buckingham when they put out an album several years ago to harken her return to live playing.

that's unfortunate. also somewhat surprising to me, as you seem to get to a lot of concerts.

I think I only saw Fleetwood Mac one time without her. It was a good concert, but it didn't sound quite the same. The last time I saw the band they were without Lindsey B., and while I missed his presence in Go Your Own Way, that was about the only time I wished he was on the stage.

Reactions: Lblion

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
I always liked her voice better than I did Stevie's. One of my favorites.
Two completely different voices. Christine McVie sings in a much higher register. Either second soprano or first alto. Steve Nicks has a remarkably low and husky voice. She might even qualify as a tenor. I like them both. Said news about Christine McVie. I didn't even know she was sick. Funny how her death comes as they are playing her song "Everywhere" almost, well, everywhere, due to that car commercial.

pamdlion

Dec 2, 2021
Damn..she was 79. Feels like yesterday when Rumors came out. She would have been 33 years old.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
that's unfortunate. also somewhat surprising to me, as you seem to get to a lot of concerts.

I think I only saw Fleetwood Mac one time without her. It was a good concert, but it didn't sound quite the same. The last time I saw the band they were without Lindsey B., and while I missed his presence in Go Your Own Way, that was about the only time I wished he was on the stage.
Friend of mine played keyboards for Fleetwood Mac and backed up Christine for years. As we all get older gets harder to keep up playing especially on some of their tracks, he would be off to the side playing with her. He really enjoyed working with her and playing music with her.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
I learned something new today.

CMcV wrote ā€œYou Make Loving Funā€ after having marital difficulties with her then husband John and thus decided to have an affair with ā€¦..Cary Grant.

Just kiddingā€¦.it was Curry Grantā€¦the bandā€™s lighting director.

IMHO her best FMac song was and will always be the following. Soft percussion and tight guitars to fit incredible vocals.

You can definitely hear some Bob Welch influence in the background but he doesnā€™t appear in the credits šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:

northwoods

Oct 30, 2021
quite different voices, and quite different personas on and off the stage.
As you say, quite different personas on and off the stage. Stevie was the rock star and Christine was the very talented musician who often did some of her best work behind the scenes just keeping the other explosive personalities from imploding. I saw Stevie a month or so ago in concert on Daniel Island, SC. Even in her 70's she can still "bring it" and carry a show on her own (accompanied by some very good backup singers and musicians).

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
Wonderful vocalist from the band Chicken Shack.

Last edited:

ManxomeLion

Aug 24, 2017
Wish I had seen them live. Only have 2 of their albums, but one, Bare Trees, is a definite favorite of mine.

When the white flame in us is gone
And we that lost the world's delight
Stiffen in darkness
Left alone
To crumble in our separate night
When your swift hair is quiet in death
And through the lips corruption
Thrust to still the labor of my breath
When we are dust, when we are dust

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
Wish I had seen them live. Only have 2 of their albums, but one, Bare Trees, is a definite favorite of mine.

When the white flame in us is gone
And we that lost the world's delight
Stiffen in darkness
Left alone
To crumble in our separate night
When your swift hair is quiet in death
And through the lips corruption
Thrust to still the labor of my breath
When we are dust, when we are dust

Great album and cool cover.

Reactions: ManxomeLion

Latest posts