RIP: Gary Brooker, Procol Harum

psu31trap

All-Conference
Oct 29, 2021
1,348
1,276
113
RIP Gary Brooker

I remember my cousin Josephine playing A Whiter Shade of Pale on her piano in front of the entire family. Maybe 1970 or 1971, great memories.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevin310

Wex18

Sophomore
Feb 2, 2005
63
101
33
In the mid 1970s, I lived in Easton, across the street from Lafayette College. On the Saturday before final exams, they always had a free outdoor music festival which was not publicized to the general public.

On this particular day, I heard music from my apartment, so I headed over to the quad. The next day I was talking to a co-worker who also was there, and I said "that band sounded a lot like Procol Harum." He said, "That WAS Procol Harum."

It turns out they were near the end of a tour after playing in Philadelphia the previous night, and were headed to New York for a Sunday show. Since they had an off day, they filled in with the Lafayette date.

Procol Harum could really rock out when they wanted to. Check out "Nothing But the Truth."
 
Last edited:
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI A top Penn State defender is questionable for Northwestern; see the full Tuesday availability report here
  2. 02 BWI Football Matt Campbell has replayed Penn State’s loss ‘a million times’: Here’s what he sees now
  3. 03 BWI Penn State wrestling 2026-2027 schedule: See the full list of opponents; how many BJC duals are there?
  4. 04 BWI Recruiting Four under-the-radar visitors from this past weekend that Penn State fans need to know
  5. 05 BWI Football How Penn State Uses Josiah Zayas and Zion Tracy So Differently at the Same Position