RIP: Gilbert Gottfried.

Meat Lab

Senior
Dec 7, 2020
347
571
93
He had a hell of a career. Well done.
Wonder if Rhonda ever kept Gilbert up all night?

 

manatree

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,522
6,334
113
I saw him years ago in a club in NYC. Some of the best money I ever spent. There was a last minute replacement for one of the opening acts and it was some young ventriloquist that absolutely bombed. Being an insult comic, I braced for the full Gottfried treatment, but Gilbert came out on stage, shook the kid's hand, turned to the audience and merely said: "Sorry folks, for my act, you only get the dummy." and launched straight into his act. Thought it was very cool that he threw the kid a bone.

I've listened to his podcast from time to time, he was a font of knowledge of Hollywood history
 

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,190
30,662
113
I saw him years ago in a club in NYC. Some of the best money I ever spent. There was a last minute replacement for one of the opening acts and it was some young ventriloquist that absolutely bombed. Being an insult comic, I braced for the full Gottfried treatment, but Gilbert came out on stage, shook the kid's hand, turned to the audience and merely said: "Sorry folks, for my act, you only get the dummy." and launched straight into his act. Thought it was very cool that he threw the kid a bone.

I've listened to his podcast from time to time, he was a font of knowledge of Hollywood history
+1
He was quite a guy. Huge supporter of old Hollywood and Broadway comics and actors.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern Thursday injury reports: What are the top takeaways 24 hours before kickoff?
  2. 02 BWI Football Why Northwestern's Run Defense Is a Perfect Get-Right Spot for Penn State
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State’s first loss under Matt Campbell brings a test of its process
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Who is key in helping the Nittany Lions turn it around at Northwestern?
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Georgia has Kemon Spell committed, Penn State, USC, Virginia Tech haven’t stopped calling