RIP Jeff Beck

anon1786720894

All-Conference
Nov 10, 2011
2,158
3,683
113
I'm feeling this one a little. One of my favorite musicians. I wore out Truth, Blow by Blow, and Wired in college. I only saw him once. He opened for Stevie Ray. They were alternating opening and closing on that tour. It was right after the release of Guitar Shop. The lineup was JB on guitar, Tony Hymas on keyboards, and Terry Bozzio on drums. What a trio! I was so glad that I finally got to see him in person.
 

ODShowtime

All-American
Aug 17, 2017
3,030
6,043
113
The cruelest most brutal ear worm I ever had in my life. This song was in my head for YEARS and had morphed into something totally different by the time I found it. Heard on the Gremlin's 2 soundtrack and then never again for 20 years of misery. I finally found it and was not surprised who performed it.

 

psu31trap

All-Conference
Oct 29, 2021
1,351
1,276
113
He was touring with Johnny Depp not too long ago. What a shame, Rest In Peace Jeff Beck!
 

NewEra 2026

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
740
1,369
93
I'm feeling this one a little. One of my favorite musicians. I wore out Truth, Blow by Blow, and Wired in college. I only saw him once. He opened for Stevie Ray. They were alternating opening and closing on that tour. It was right after the release of Guitar Shop. The lineup was JB on guitar, Tony Hymas on keyboards, and Terry Bozzio on drums. What a trio! I was so glad that I finally got to see him in person.
Wow! I am jealous that you got to see that double bill! I never got to see Jeff Beck live, but I did see SRV in a small venue in Austin, TX in 1988. He was amazing—I still remember the hair standing up on the back of my neck at that show.
 

Tgar

Heisman
Nov 14, 2001
6,873
15,425
113
Live music and the surprises it can deliver may be the best form of entertainment in the world. Better than sports? IMHO by far. Victories are nice, having your soul kissed is just so much more satisfying on a deeper level.

 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,771
113
Victories are nice, having your soul kissed is just so much more satisfying on a deeper, more permanent level.
I got my math and I got Yeats:

“Unwearied still, lover by lover,
They paddle in the cold
Companionable streams or climb the air;
Their hearts have not grown old.”

 
  • Like
Reactions: Tgar

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,062
5,523
113
I stumbled across this video of Alice Cooper talking about Jeff Beck. It's worth a quick watch.

 

NewEra 2026

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
740
1,369
93
I stumbled across this video of Alice Cooper talking about Jeff Beck. It's worth a quick watch.


In somewhat related trivia, I guess Alice Cooper is a really good golfer. There is a bust/statue of him at the Arizona Biltmore golf course. That is a pretty cool skill set.
 

Nitt1300

Heisman
Nov 2, 2008
7,826
14,705
113
while there is no such thing as the "best" guitar player, nobody was better than Jeff Beck

he could play it all
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football There's no one fix but Penn State's Run Game Problems Trace Back to the Left Side of the Line
  2. 02 BWI Football Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
  3. 03 BWI Football In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Defensive Film Thread: Reviewing the Gory Details of a 400-Yard Rushing Performance
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State has an identity problem. Matt Campbell knows fixing it starts with him