RIP Jimmy B

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
I was living in South Florida right around the time Changes In Latitude....., came out.
JB captured the Keys lifestyle, a great storyteller, and is part of my life soundtrack.
Thanks for the memories Jimmy,

Lakemurraycock

Joined Sep 28, 2003
Jan 20, 2022
Come Monday. I always loved this song and the video. He is even wearing a South Carolina state hat in this intro. I can't believe he is gone. I have enjoyed his music for decades. We saw him in concert many times. Songs always come up in rotation on the boat and at the beach. When we were in the keys last week the Sunset Grill played 90% Jimmy Buffett songs. We went to Captain Tony's multiple times on the trip. I always thought of his song about Captain Tony - The Last Mango in Paris. Another awesome song. Of course we had to have a cheeseburger at Margaritaville. Fair winds and following seas.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
Jimmy Buffet was legit. Here’s what someone who knew him said…

“He did pretty good for an old Mobile Alabama Bay-Billy. You have rednecks that work the farms and rednecks that work the seas...he came from the latter and was legit. A true Gulf Coast yahoo, he went to my high school and was known for selling stolen hubcaps out of the trunk of his car after class (if he even went to class). He came from nothing and died a billionaire. Amazing story.”

Myrtlecock

Joined Nov 30, 1998
Jan 23, 2022
Come Monday. I always loved this song and the video. He is even wearing a South Carolina state hat in this intro. I can't believe he is gone. I have enjoyed his music for decades. We saw him in concert many times. Songs always come up in rotation on the boat and at the beach. When we were in the keys last week the Sunset Grill played 90% Jimmy Buffett songs. We went to Captain Tony's multiple times on the trip. I always thought of his song about Captain Tony - The Last Mango in Paris. Another awesome song. Of course we had to have a cheeseburger at Margaritaville. Fair winds and following seas.

You can't be in the keys and not listen to Buffet. Marathon is my favorite. At Sunset Grill...
FB_IMG_1564699991497.jpg

Reactions: Lakemurraycock

Latest posts