RIP John Sterling

Fox Chapel Lion II

All-American
Oct 26, 2011
2,921
7,254
113
I heard earlier this morning. Very sad to hear. I loved all the Sterling-isms (You're on the Mark, Texiera among countless others). He and Suzyn Waldman were quite the pair. They added so much to my enjoyment of the Yankees on the radio. And when he made a mistake (it is HIGH, it is FAR, it is caught on the warning track) it was annoying, but just added to the whole atmosphere.

RIP.
 

BCS PSU

All-Conference
Jun 2, 2001
1,399
2,363
113
I heard earlier this morning. Very sad to hear. I loved all the Sterling-isms (You're on the Mark, Texiera among countless others). He and Suzyn Waldman were quite the pair. They added so much to my enjoyment of the Yankees on the radio. And when he made a mistake (it is HIGH, it is FAR, it is caught on the warning track) it was annoying, but just added to the whole atmosphere.

RIP.
I first heard him in the early 80s when he did Braves' games on TBS.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

Shadow99

All-Conference
Dec 2, 2017
1,081
2,243
113
As a Phillies fan who roots against the Yankees, I nevertheless have always found John Sterling very entertaining and his calls often invoked a genuine smile...but no smile hearing this news. :(
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State vs. USC: Whiteout Tailgate Show
  2. 02 BWI Football Printable Depth Chart for Penn State's White Out matchup with USC
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State-USC predictions: How are computer data systems and experts picking the Week 6 clash?
  4. 04 BWI Football How to watch Penn State-USC; pregame info, weather, spread, start time, more: Gameday Central
  5. 05 BWI Football Friday Penn State-USC availability reports: Did the Lions or Trojans share good injury news 23.5 hours before kickoff?