RIP Susan Buckner (Patty Simcox from Grease)....

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Only 72. Goddammit.

Grease was on constant VCR rotation at my grandmother's when I was a kid. Even though Olivia Newton-John was my first real crush, I always loved Patty's wholesomeness and All-American good looks. She ended up with the right guy in the end. RIP.

retsio

Oct 13, 2021
From the Bard -

We sorrow for you in your bereavement, our deepest condolences. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: Midnighter

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
With Grease cast members years later (Jeff Conaway, Lorenzo Lamas, Annette Charles, Didi Conn & Eddie Deezen):

Reactions: BobPSU92

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
She was Miss Washington, and competed in Miss America. I believe she made it to the finals in 1971.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
More from Miss America ... it was the 1972 competition. She finished in the top 10, but not in the top 5, representing Washington:

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Playing Jean Harlow in The Howard Hughes Story:

These are great Tom. I don’t recall ever seeing her in anything other than Grease. I did see the guy who played the leader of the rival biker gang died in his early 40’s from AIDS. Damn.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
These are great Tom. I don’t recall ever seeing her in anything other than Grease. I did see the guy who played the leader of the rival biker gang died in his early 40’s from AIDS. Damn.

I didn't remember her either from the non-Grease events, which led me to investigate her more than I normally do for RIP posts. She pretty much walked away from acting to raise her two kids. For many years, she's organized/directed plays at a local elementary school in Florida, and was a fitness (or yoga; can't remember) instructor. Once I learned about Miss America and her limited acting pre- and post-Grease, I thought it would be fun to try and find pics from such. Once I found them, it seemed it would be nice to post them

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
I didn't remember her either from the non-Grease events, which led me to investigate her more than I normally do for RIP posts. She pretty much walked away from acting to raise her two kids. For many years, she's organized/directed plays at a local elementary school in Florida, and was a fitness (or yoga; can't remember) instructor. Once I learned about Miss America and her limited acting pre- and post-Grease, I thought it would be fun to try and find pics from such. Once I found them, it seemed it would be nice to post them
Very good work. Thanks!

Reactions: Midnighter

pap

Nov 1, 2021
Only 72. Goddammit.

Grease was on constant VCR rotation at my grandmother's when I was a kid. Even though Olivia Newton-John was my first real crush, I always loved Patty's wholesomeness and All-American good looks. She ended up with the right guy in the end. RIP.

Yes may she RIP . Good actor for sure