Run game?

Kappa Koch1

Feb 6, 2022
Obviously our biggest issue is the O-line. I think we will be forced to do more max protection with a blocking back in the backfield and 2 to 3 TE's. If Anderson can do it, why not try. We keep saying this is about competition. Let's see the competition in real games.

CockyCody

Mar 5, 2022
Why not use Legette like San Fran uses Deebo or Atlanta uses Cordarrelle Patterson. Granted, blocking definitely has to get better but he has size, speed and vision. Just my 2 cents worth. Gotta do something different!!

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
Dakereon Joyner is not the answer at running back nor was he the answer at Wide Receiver nor Quarterback. At best he is a very good collegiate athlete (and probably a great kid).

However, no one is the answer with our Division III offensive line.

Gamecock9395

Dec 10, 2022
Did the kid from Newberry even get in the game? They said he was going to be good. He has the physical size and speed for a D1 back, but I don't understand why they keep playing Dak in positions he has no experience in playing. It just doesn't make sense.
I checked...was interested as well. He played special teams, no snaps at RB. I do not understand why our RBs are not improving/contributing.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
That’s BS. Give the guy a chance.
I really don't think it's going to make much of a difference with our OL. Joyner is obviously not very good, but I don't think it would matter much who is back there.

That said, we might as well give him a shot. He can't be worse than Joyner.

Reactions: cockyferg

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
No players with Adkins mentality and willingness to hit someone. Out TE blocking was poor. You can put 3 in there but it won’t help if no one hits with any power.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I really don't think it's going to make much of a difference with our OL. Joyner is obviously not very good, but I don't think it would matter much who is back there.

That said, we might as well give him a shot. He can't be worse than Joyner.
Agree. The kid from Newberry isn’t the answer. The answer isn’t on this roster. And guys, it’s embarrassing we had to bring the kid from Newberry in. We’d be laughing our a$$es off if Clemson were in this same position. There our hundreds of RB’s from D-1 universities or D-1 recruits we could’ve gotten. This was the best we did. It’s shameful. Period. Might as well throw 50 times per game.

Reactions: 92Pony

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Agree. The kid from Newberry isn’t the answer. The answer isn’t on this roster. And guys, it’s embarrassing we had to bring the kid from Newberry in. We’d be laughing our a$$es off if Clemson were in this same position. There our hundreds of RB’s from D-1 universities or D-1 recruits we could’ve gotten. This was the best we did. It’s shameful. Period. Might as well throw 50 times per game.
Could be wrong, but I don’t think the coaches really anticipated him challenging for snaps. Our fans were the ones talking him up. I think it was a roll of the dice to maybe find a diamond in the rough. If it worked out, then great. If not, he’s just a warm body so no real loss.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Could be wrong, but I don’t think the coaches really anticipated him challenging for snaps. Our fans were the ones talking him up. I think it was a roll of the dice to maybe find a diamond in the rough. If it worked out, then great. If not, he’s just a warm body so no real loss.
I feel like we took him because we missed on everyone else.

Reactions: 92Pony and LBGCOCK

Johncock

Jan 3, 2023
That’s BS. Give the guy a chance.
So I looked Mario Anderson up.. hes 5’9” and weighs 210. he rushed for 3300 yards over the last three seasons. Scored 35 touchdowns. Was a division 2 all American and was a finalist for the harlon hill award which is like the div 2 heisman. Ppl might be overlooking the guy because he went to newberry.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
So I looked Mario Anderson up.. hes 5’9” and weighs 210. he rushed for 3300 yards over the last three seasons. Scored 35 touchdowns. Was a division 2 all American and was a finalist for the harlon hill award which is like the div 2 heisman. Ppl might be overlooking the guy because he went to newberry.
Agree. Statistically he can’t be worse, so what the hell.

Reactions: Johncock

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
I want to see Mario and DJ get some burns. Practice don’t always show what a RB can fully do when it’s not full contact. We can’t break tackles at that position and that’s concerning.