Sagarin

Tu Geo

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2003
12,463
1,014
113
Top 25 records and Sagarin rankings

#58 Tulsa 3-1

Note other power teams records.

#1 Villanova 2-2
#2 Mich St 3-3
#4 Oklahoma 3-2
#7 Louisville 1-4
#9 West Virginia 2-3
#12 Purdue 1-4
#19 SMU 0-0
#27 Florida 1-5
#36 Pitt 0-4

Many more I didn't list.

GO TU!!!!
 

mcane

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2003
8,499
2,735
112
My understanding is that Sagarin measures margin of victory. A two point loss to ORU as a 12 point favorite is a -14 Sagarin. TU has not closed out routs and given up Sagariin MOV. I know he lists the top 25-50 but I don't think it's relevant to his formula.

There have been years when TU's Sagarin was significantly better than its RPI.
 

Gmoney4WW

Heisman
Jul 4, 2007
43,145
15,894
113
What I can't believe, is that ORU lost 7 games in a row, is one game away from a 6 game losing streak, is 3-8 in a fairly crappy league, and isn't a helluva lot lower RPI than 140! I guess we're doing a lot more good for them, than they are doing bad for us, 'cept it's kinda circular!
 

Tu Geo

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2003
12,463
1,014
113
If we don't get an at large I would blame it on UALR and ORU. Both winnable home games. Our RPI is currently #41 according to CBS Sports if Tulsa wins both of those games our RPI is #27.

Go TU!!!!
 

mcane

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2003
8,499
2,735
112
Sadly, I am reduced to rooting for ORU to finish out on a 3 game home winning streak.
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa falls 45-44 to North Texas in overtime heartbreaker
  2. 02 Inside Tulsa Sports Football After Arkansas, Tulsa has to respond — just like it did in 1982
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa gets chance to bounce back against UNT in conference opener
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tre Lamb calls North Texas RB Jaheim White 'The best back we've played'
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa quarterback Baylor Hayes 50-50 for North Texas game