Sagarins

NJCat

All-Conference
Mar 7, 2016
21,914
2,060
113
The latest Sagarin index after yesterdays games has ND at #14 and NU at #41. No shame in losing to the 14th best team by a bucket or so.
 
Aug 13, 2002
3,221
268
0
Exactly - no shame, just frustration. As I said elsewhere, the supply of opportunities is not infinite. There will be games that we won't be within striking distance of grabbing a resume win, but when we are, we'll have to figure out a way to finish the job.
 
Jul 25, 2011
7,756
667
113
We need to beat Dayton. Wake I think will be a win, but I don't know about UD...that's one we gotta have.

3-2 (Beating Texas, Wake, Dayton and losing to ND and Butler) is much better than 2-3. 1-4 in these games would mean we need quite the B1G record to be on the bubble.
 

NJCat

All-Conference
Mar 7, 2016
21,914
2,060
113
We need to beat Dayton. Wake I think will be a win, but I don't know about UD...that's one we gotta have.

3-2 (Beating Texas, Wake, Dayton and losing to ND and Butler) is much better than 2-3. 1-4 in these games would mean we need quite the B1G record to be on the bubble.

Wake will be just as difficult as Dayton. But the defensive intensity we saw in Brooklyn should bode well for the Cats. I think they win both games.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CSCatFan1

NUCat320

Senior
Dec 4, 2005
19,469
495
0
Wake, Texas, Dayton all shape up as possible top 50 wins. I think NU needs to win all of them.
 
Jul 25, 2011
7,756
667
113
Wake will be just as difficult as Dayton. But the defensive intensity we saw in Brooklyn should bode well for the Cats. I think they win both games.
Wake will be a tough out, but they are not (currently) nearly as highly regarded by Sagarin/Pomeroy as Dayton are. I sure hope they win both...would be fantastic.
 
Aug 31, 2003
15,133
557
113
Wake will be a tough out, but they are not (currently) nearly as highly regarded by Sagarin/Pomeroy as Dayton are. I sure hope they win both...would be fantastic.
That's because Wake was not good last season, and I think that carries into the early-season computer rankings. But having watched a little of Wake this season, I think they are much improved this season. I'll take the 'Cats because it's a home game, and I expect this will be considered a quality win later in the season.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Northwestern frees OC Chip Kelly to go outside-the-box with creative offense
  2. 02 Wildcat Report 'The atmosphere was unbelievable': Visiting prospects rave about the new Ryan Field
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Notebook: Braun looks to keep focus on Ball State after big Penn State win
  5. 05 On3 Football David Braun on Big Ten not receiving same respect as SEC in AP Poll: 'Check the receipts'