same CBS announcers as last week

DukeSlater

All-Conference
Jul 2, 2023
2,168
4,921
113
Maybe it's just me but CBS' production is the best in the biz and I generally like their announcers, replay, pre and post game etc. FOX and FS1 has virtually zero crowd and field noise and they pump in fake noise IMO and it's very un-natural...maybe it's me or my setup yet I prefer CBS and then NBC.
Interesting, because I thought that was one of the worst video performances on a football game I've seen in decades. Poor angles, missed action. It was like rookies were running the cameras and the director(s) were out to lunch. IMHO, of course.
 

DukeSlater

All-Conference
Jul 2, 2023
2,168
4,921
113
I think Nessler is the best in the business. I’ll cut him slack on 81’s name. Even our own beat writers mess up our guys’ names. Chad ‘Spitty K’ Salivakow says WEEZ-koff instead of WIZE-koff.
He still struggles and says Va-NAH-may. It’s Voh-NAH-mee. Like Brad Pitt in Inglorious Basterds. Gor…laaaah…me.
Names are one thing, although that's a fundamental aspect of broadcasting. But being biased is unacceptable for a national broadcaster, and Nessler was cheering for Michigan all the way. No doubt about that. But then CBS has gone to hell. This is just one more piece of evidence.
 

Ozzie89

All-Conference
Dec 14, 2006
102,858
4,221
113
CBS is the best in the business. They make the Big Ten opener feel like the Super Bowl

 

MeetTheFerentzes

All-American
Sep 6, 2022
2,667
5,273
113
Names are one thing, although that's a fundamental aspect of broadcasting. But being biased is unacceptable for a national broadcaster, and Nessler was cheering for Michigan all the way. No doubt about that. But then CBS has gone to hell. This is just one more piece of evidence.
Can you show us on the doll where Nessler and CBS touched you?
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Iowa Hawkeyes Football Recruiting: Weekend Preview
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting Nation's No. 5 linebacker Brodie Metzger back in Iowa City, Hawkeyes among his early favorites
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Game Preview: Ohio State at Iowa
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football The Friday Five
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Ranking the top 25 players Iowa WBB will face during the 2026-27 season