Scholarships

Jan 25, 2005
3,341
233
52
I don’t know how last year’s recruiting class will work out but I am not sure if it made sense to give scholarships to two smallish guards in the same class. If we give Smith a scholarship, we have one scholarship for a transfer. Unless you have a high confidence level with the recruits, it might be better these days to leave more scholarships for transfers.
 

xxxbobxxx

Sophomore
Mar 12, 2005
10,813
170
43
I don’t know how last year’s recruiting class will work out but I am not sure if it made sense to give scholarships to two smallish guards in the same class. If we give Smith a scholarship, we have one scholarship for a transfer. Unless you have a high confidence level with the recruits, it might be better these days to leave more scholarships for transfers.
I would bet good money that we have a transfer or two. I really hope it’s not from the core. I can see Clayton transferring down to Mac level to become a bigger contributor. I can see any of our mysteriously missing frosh leaving - perhaps having said something months ago when they weren’t getting the minutes they felt entitled to (would explain their absence in this injury riddled period).

But if nobody transfers, then we only have one real need. MN and Hunger got the 5. Mart backed by Barkley on the 4. Barney the 3. Berry the 2.

Leaves the Smith, Mullins and Clayton plus current and incoming frosh to fight for back up minutes among 1 to 3. That’s some solid known depth backed with some decent unknown talents.

Transfer = best PG we can get.
 

xxxbobxxx

Sophomore
Mar 12, 2005
10,813
170
43
If MN does have a complete tear Achilles, I can see him not returning. In that case, that schollie should go seek another surly giant.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Notebook: Braun looks to keep focus on Ball State after big Penn State win
  2. 02 On3 Football David Braun on Big Ten not receiving same respect as SEC in AP Poll: 'Check the receipts'
  3. 03 Wildcat Report The 3-2-1 after Northwestern's demolition of Penn State
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Recruit Roundup: Thornton and Frey each snag a pick-six, Norman rushes for four TDs
  5. 05 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket