SEC off to a great start

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
The SEC sucks. It's going to be up to Tennessee to show anything, it appears. Kentucky's loss corresponds to Fogler's loss to Richmond. 3 lost to 14.

THREE-POINT shots did it. One Oakland guy hit 10 of them!

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
My disdain for Tenn trumps my fandom for the conference. I’ll smile if Tenn goes down.
I hate that the league makes a habit of placing a decent number of teams in other than bottom-dwelling seedings and routinely gets stomped in the early rounds. This has happened before - multiple times. The league's commissioner several years ago addressed the SEC's need to step it up in men's basketball. We ain't done it. Maybe Texas and Oklahoma will add some strength and be for real. As it is, MBB in this league is a clown show.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
At least our disastrous loss to Oregon will now take its place along with everything else in our history…forgotten.

Last edited:

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
The over the top celebration for beating UK early in the season looks kind of silly now.

The tourney is its own monster - beating UK is still great. If you want to take over the conference, you have to start with beating the perennial front-runners on a regular basis.

Next season is the real test. Will this year be a blip, or a beginning, for USC?

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
The tourney is its own monster - beating UK is still great. If you want to take over the conference, you have to start with beating the perennial front-runners on a regular basis.

Next season is the real test. Will this year be a blip, or a beginning, for USC?
That boy from North Carolina that can shoot the eyes out of it will be fun to watch, at least.

Reactions: RUMMENIGGE

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022

The first season after a new coach's raise and extension always seems to be a big test for us. 😀

Big JC

May 12, 2023

So far, the tournament is looking like confirmation that the SEC was vastly overrated this season. Maybe Auburn and UT can hang on for a while and salvage some dignity for the SEC.

Next season will tell a lot about USC and Paris. Carolina's history with coaches who are given big raises and extensions does not give a lot of cause for being overly optimistic.

Reactions: ToddFlanders

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
He was talking about reclassifying. Who knows?
This team desperately needs a shooter. It was too common an occurrence this year for the team to have prolonged dry spells. Went almost the last half of the first half yesterday without hitting a bucket.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
My disdain for Tenn trumps my fandom for the conference. I’ll smile if Tenn goes down.
That is how I feel about UF. I pull for anyone who is playing against them regardless of the sport.
I hate them more than any other school (Yes, I said ANY other school, and it's not even close)

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
Well the team projected to finish last in the conference, did go 13-5 in conference play, what does that tell us about the other guys? :)

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
How much you wanna bet Clemson is gonna do something stupid like make the Elite 8 now.

Latest posts