Serial

Cowguy

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
12,580
2,666
0
So talking to my daughter about "the night of" a few weeks ago. She tells me if I liked it, I should listen to the serial podcast. I just completed season one, and it's apropos as the defendant was literally just granted a new trial yesterday.

I honestly don't know what to think about guilt or innocence. I've gone back and forth - pretty much every episode. Have any of you listened to this? What are your thoughts?

PS. If you haven't listened to it, I'd highly recommend it.
 

Air_Thurman

Heisman
Jan 16, 2003
32,687
32,875
63
If you asked me 10 times if I thought he did it I would probably give you a different answer each time. Just logically it seems like he did but there is next to no evidence.

If you really want to nerd out on it listen to the first season of Undisclosed. Be fair warned it is very, very pro Adnan (they actually helped get Adnan a new trial) but it is a couple of lawyers that do a deep dive on all the evidence.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kenny Orange Powers

Kenny Orange Powers

Hall of Famer
Jul 23, 2014
74,382
140,189
0
I have listened to the first season of Serial 3 times through. I absolutely love it. I barely made it through season 2 but that's another story.

Here is my take and it's essentially the same take as I have on Making a Murderer. I think Adnan committed the crime. I don't think he committed the crime the way the prosecutors say he did and I don't think they proved him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I also think Jay had a bigger part in the murder than what he says. It still makes no sense for Jay to help Adnan the way he did.
 
  • Like
Reactions: osutater

Air_Thurman

Heisman
Jan 16, 2003
32,687
32,875
63
I have listened to the first season of Serial 3 times through. I absolutely love it. I barely made it through season 2 but that's another story.

Here is my take and it's essentially the same take as I have on Making a Murderer. I think Adnan committed the crime. I don't think he committed the crime the way the prosecutors say he did and I don't think they proved him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I also think Jay had a bigger part in the murder than what he says. It still makes no sense for Jay to help Adnan the way he did.

Agree completely. I think there is a huge chunk of the story we don't know about. There is more to Jay/Adnan than has been told.
 

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,132
10,606
93
Here is my take and it's essentially the same take as I have on Making a Murderer. I think Adnan committed the crime. I don't think he committed the crime the way the prosecutors say he did

This is my take on both as well.

Serial season 2 was pretty terrible.
 

Cowguy

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
12,580
2,666
0
If you asked me 10 times if I thought he did it I would probably give you a different answer each time. Just logically it seems like he did but there is next to no evidence.

If you really want to nerd out on it listen to the first season of Undisclosed. Be fair warned it is very, very pro Adnan (they actually helped get Adnan a new trial) but it is a couple of lawyers that do a deep dive on all the evidence.

Felt the same. And I am actually starting undisclosed, because daughter recommended it as well.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  3. 03 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight