Jan 21, 2022
What position would she go after?

I say a tall girl.

We got spoiled by Cardosa.

Adhel Tac is coming off of injury.

Reactions: vacock

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
I think Kyla oldacre from Miami is interesting. She is a sophomore, 6’6 and if you doubled her minutes from Miami to about 30 a game then She could avg 10pts 9 reb and 2 blocks a game. That would be acceptable with who we have back.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
I say it's time to roll with Feagin. 6-3 to 6-4. Has paid her dues. Has Two National Championships. Major contributor this year. Played well in the games Cardoso was unable to play. It's her turn IMO.
Agree. We have a complete team honestly. Watkins and Feagin are lethal shot blockers and play taller than they are

Reactions: DarkCock

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Agree. We have a complete team honestly. Watkins and Feagin are lethal shot blockers and play taller than they are
What if foul trouble becomes an issue? If Tac is able to play next year, OK but if Dawn is bringing her along slowly, I say go after a 6'5" post if one is available. We have been spoiled over the years with good POST players.

Reactions: 92Pony

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
The team needs someone who can JUMP. This may not necessarily be a "tall girl." Cardoso could not jump and we were lucky not to encounter anyone who could take advantage of that.

Reactions: vacock and Goody

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
Height has really, really served us well over the last 6-10yrs. Aja Wilson to Boston/Cardoso to Cardoso. I’d love it if Dawn snagged another from the portal. It’s just an added dimension that completes our dominant lineup.

Reactions: vacock
Dec 2, 2022
Gardiner and Beers (once she’s in the portal) from Oregon State. We’re all familiar with the recent game and with those two we would have two solids teams to rotate five in/out.

• Love
Reactions: TN-Gamecock

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Gardiner and Beers (once she’s in the portal) from Oregon State. We’re all familiar with the recent game and with those two we would have two solids teams to rotate five in/out.
If we got those two...game over....Natty for the next few years. Some on here have said Beers would not be a fit. I disagree. She's wide bodied, tall & can shoot.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
and whose minutes are they going to take? We're returning everyone from an undefeated season minus Cardoso. Adhel Tac(6'5-6'6), Joyce Edwads and Maddy McDaniel have been added. You're not going to get highly conveted players from the portal who are not expecting a starting role and major minutes.

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
What if foul trouble becomes an issue? If Tac is able to play next year, OK but if Dawn is bringing her along slowly, I say go after a 6'5" post if one is available. We have been spoiled over the years with good POST players.
I think the 6’5” center from ND declared for the portal. Don’t temper the name:

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
REALITY CHECK TIME

Number of P5 players in the Portal 6’5” or taller

Number of those that averaged more than 5 points

Hannah Gusters 14ppg 3 teams in 4 years. Sat out a year and did not play anywhere. Best player on a bad team. Below average defender and rebounder. SLOW and does not run the floor. Will have to play in a half court offense. Played at Baylor, followed Mulkey to LSU. Very marginal minutes at both. Sat out for a year, reassessing her life. Played at Oklahoma State.
Thank you no, HARD PASS.

Number of those that averaged more than 5 rebounds

ZERO

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
and whose minutes are they going to take? We're returning everyone from an undefeated season minus Cardoso. Adhel Tac(6'5-6'6), Joyce Edwads and Maddy McDaniel have been added. You're not going to get highly conveted players from the portal who are not expecting a starting role and major minutes.
Beers was a 3rd team all American at the post position. She could start in Cordoso's place and everything else remain the same.

Mar 8, 2023
Beers was a 3rd team all American at the post position. She could start in Cordoso's place and everything else remain the same.
Beers is too slow and cannot get up and down the floor. Not a fit for USC. I would say the kid from Texas A&M who I think is 6-4? Or maybe even the kid from NC whose sister played at Tennessee. Of course, even though she plays the 4 position, the Irifian (sp?) girl from Stanford would be nice.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Add Coates b4 Wilson.
Coates was awesome. HOWEVER, when she was injured in 2017, we replaced her with BCM in the lineup and won a national championship. Dawn was forced to go small. It's possible to be too big, especially in today's game as more and more teams shoot the 3. We must be able to defend the perimeter.

Of course, we could use an infinite number of bigs to sit on the bench in reserve in case of foul trouble or injury. Realistically, some of the names being thrown around are not going to be happy in a backup role. We may add a big, but I would expect it to be a player who would be OK with limited minutes.

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
Isn’t there a 6’5” post player wanting to transfer or in the portal. Based on her stats she sounded candidate that would work for us.

doubledawg55

Joined Oct 21, 2018 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 1, 2022
Coates was awesome. HOWEVER, when she was injured in 2017, we replaced her with BCM in the lineup and won a national championship. Dawn was forced to go small. It's possible to be too big, especially in today's game as more and more teams shoot the 3. We must be able to defend the perimeter.

Of course, we could use an infinite number of bigs to sit on the bench in reserve in case of foul trouble or injury. Realistically, some of the names being thrown around are not going to be happy in a backup role. We may add a big, but I would expect it to be a player who would be OK with limited minutes.
Yes - I was just adding her to our list of impressive post recruits.

Reactions: DarkCock