So, the SEC blows

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Many of the players involved won’t be back next year. Building a team in college sports these days is a year-to-year proposition.
Yeah, that’s the double edge sword of getting a lot of experience to players from the portal. You build experience on your roster fast, but they aren’t there long.

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
Love it that number 0 missed the possibile winning shot.

Reactions: Tngamecock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
The only way SEC MBB "blows" is if someone has its polarity reversed. This league sucks the stars out of the sky.

Patriot321

Jan 29, 2022
When did so many fans on here start pulling against the teams from our own conference? Makes no sense to me, if the conference is weak, it only makes our year look less impressive. I'm pulling for every SEC team and was hoping for an SEC team in the finals.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
When did so many fans on here start pulling against the teams from our own conference? Makes no sense to me, if the conference is weak, it only makes our year look less impressive. I'm pulling for every SEC team and was hoping for an SEC team in the finals.
Our record was already suspect in the minds of those in the know…hence our low RPI, bad KenPom and only getting a 6 seed.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
For me it's like this: I find it difficult to hate on every SEC team during the season and then turn around and root for them in the post season. Maybe if we were a perennial powerhouse, It would be easier for me to root for lesser fellow SEC teams. My emotions were raw after we lost to Oregon and I just wanted everyone to lose. Now, I have calmed down a little. I wouldn't mind if ATM or Bama advanced, because I personally don't have an axe to grind with them, but the Viles, hell no!

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I am a South Carolina fan. There are some teams I will never root for in a million years. Kentucky being one of them. Tennessee is the top of the list. I don’t have any SEC pride.
With me, it's less about pride than the sales appeal of the brand. This day and age, I think it matters to all of us.

Carolina Doc

Joined Aug 16, 2019
Jan 25, 2022
They are just "other teams" to me. No more interesting to me than UNC or Ohio State or Kansas.

I don't need to live vicariously through those other conference teams. And if their losses make us appear less impressive, then so be it. But I don't believe that it does.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
We have heard how great the conference was all year long from the experts. We could all fall flat on our face with the remaining teams not making the sweet 16, lose half the players to the portal the next day and next year we will be hearing how great the conference is.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
They are just "other teams" to me. No more interesting to me than UNC or Ohio State or Kansas.

I don't need to live vicariously through those other conference teams. And if their losses make us appear less impressive, then so be it. But I don't believe that it does.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
I’m thinking Bama is the only team to win the next game then they are probably toast. I agree with those of you who think the brand is important. I think it helps in recruiting, but who knows. I really think the coach means more so I hope LP can recruit as well as I think he may.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

Yeah, I believe we live or die on our own merit. If we’re counting on other teams in the conference to make us look good, that means we have probably already lost and are just trying to save face. If we just win our games, it doesn’t really matter what others in the conference do.