Soccer post - Arsenal v Aston Villa

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Wow... a great escape today. Villa was by far the better team, but Bendtner got an equalizer on the last kick of the ball in stoppage time. Arsenal still looks hungover from getting bitchslapped by Man United a couple of weeks ago, and from the horrific Eduardo injury last week. Hopefully they can turn it around soon - trips to Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge coming up soon, and those will likely determine if Arsenal can hang on and win the Premiership.

jsireland

Sep 1, 2003
not a great match but we got a point. the fox soccer channel announcers seemed to think it wasn't deserved, but we had 59% of the possession, outshot them 16-5, and don't forget the villa goal was an own goal by senderos. not exactly sure what's not deserved about that.

so, we drop points again for the 4th (i think) match in a row in all competitions. not what i'd like for the run-in, but you gotta think rescuing a point with the last kick of the match is some momentum. huge match on tuesday evening and let's get this thing pointed in the right direction.

NapoleonDynamite

Feb 29, 2008
Yeah, that was one of those where, after the own-goal, I was MORE than happy to get a point. I saw Man U pull out one like that a couple of weeks ago when Tevez scored on the last kick, so I guess its all even.

The Gunners still look badly out of synch. But I also think Aston Villa is a pretty good, well-coached club so that probably had something to do with it.

I didn't feel like Clichy had a great game - wonder if he's a bit gun shy after last week's late gaffe? Senderos... I think he plays hard but is just not athletic enough - seems to be slow and out-classed a lot. Toure' cannot get back fast enough. And Walcott showed glimpses of what could be coming from him with some more experience. He has that Henry-like 'next gear' with the ball. And I don't get the sense Bendtner is that well-liked by his teammates. He seems to do a lot of whining out there if he doesn't get the ball on ever possession in the box. And I've read where his dad is a bit of a "stage dad" who is always running his mouth about Nick should play more or be released. I digress...

Off to San Siro... Go Gunners!