Someone loves him some Huggs

3xWVUenginEER

Freshman
Dec 7, 2005
6,818
65
0
I think Martin owes his big break to Huggins at K State, and he's greatful, but then again Huggins is good to everyone-coaches, fans, people he meets at a rest area.

I can only imagine what a practice at K State was like with Huggins and Martin.
 

dbolt4wvu

Redshirt
Sep 2, 2006
69
0
0
Huggins is good to everyone-coaches, fans, people he meets at a rest area.

Absolutely agreed. Huggs is one of the most gracious people I have ever had the privilege of being around. He's never met a stranger in his life and the kids that play for him, I think, would literally run through a brick wall if he asked. His being a superior-quality human being is sometimes lost through all the talk of his coaching achievements. We're very lucky to have him.
 
May 29, 2001
20,973
78
0
He's a great guy in person, close up, as long as you aren't blowing a whistle or turning the ball over during a WVU game. Huggins and Schaus may be the two best in WVU history.
 

Soaring Eagle 74

Freshman
Jan 4, 2008
22,888
69
0
I think Martin owes his big break to Huggins at K State, and he's greatful, but then again Huggins is good to everyone-coaches, fans, people he meets at a rest area.

I can only imagine what a practice at K State was like with Huggins and Martin.

I sure wouldn’t buy a used treadmill from K-State back then.
 
WV Sports

Latest

  1. 01 WV Sports Football West Virginia vs. Iowa State Big 12 availability report: 10-2
  2. 02 WV Sports Football Pat Kirkland uses past experiences to aid in role on special teams
  3. 03 WV Sports Football How does Jason Chambers fit into West Virginia cornerback room?
  4. 04 WV Sports Football WVU bowl projections: Where the Mountaineers could land after Week 4
  5. 05 WV Sports Football Rich Rodriguez doubles down on development, retention plan for WVU