Something interesting out of ATM

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Always beating around the bush
Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

He said bush!

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
They are a national seed and competing for an SEC title. It makes no sense to bring this up, unless:

It’s a team you played on the road or it’s a team who is also competing for an SEC title.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Vandy caught cheating. Georgia caught cheating...

Who's next.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't give a shlt about this, what the Astros did, Deflategate, what Harbaugh did - any of it. This stuff is easy to police out if they want to.

You don't want someone stealing your signs? Disguise them better.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016

Due to a stadium renovation, UPig switched to the 1st base dugout at home games this year. They built a new building in the right field corner that has some indoor bullpen and such and a tunnel that runs to first base dugout. It wouldn't surprise me if they had cameras in the former home (now visitor) dugout and never turned them off.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
So.... what would be the advantage of having a live feed into the opponent's dug out? Over hearing conversations on strategies? Hell you look out your own dugout and see a shift. Or a pinch hitter walk out or a reliever warming up.

I heard him mention the BA% differences. Aren't pitches called now by a wrist device? Can this live feed pick up what is entered in the wrist device?
I'd get it if you had a live feed on a coach signaling pitches to the battery. But who does that any longer.

What MLB is doing with live feeds and iPads

Last edited:

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
So.... what would be the advantage of having a live feed into the opponent's dug out? Over hearing conversations on strategies? Hell you look out your own dugout and see a shift. Or a pinch hitter walk out or a reliever warming up.

I heard him mention the BA% differences. Aren't pitches called now by a wrist device? Can this live feed pick up what is entered in the wrist device?
I'd get it if you had a live feed on a coach signaling pitches to the battery. But who does that any longer.

I'm not certain but if you can know if you are getting a fastball vs an offspeed pitch, I would be surprised it's only a .100 difference. These can be relayed to the batter any number of ways. For instance, a hitting coach calling you by your number is a fastball vs. calling your name being a breaking ball.

Let's go 24!! Fastball

Come on now Jones, Let's go!!! offspeed.

Then just be sitting on it.

.....Allegedly....

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah, I understand all that.

I think the BA variance is more about home v away opponents. Also it is more of an advantage to be at home with access to pitching labs and batting cages during the game.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011

I don’t think that it’s a camera in the opposite dugout, it’s a camera with Trackman on the catcher on the field with a live feed into the home dugout. This allows them to better track and chart pitches and better predict upcoming pitches in certain situations. It’s basically watching film on a pitcher and being able to apply what you’ve learned in real time.

Reactions: Maroon13