South Carolina/Georgia game thread 9/16/23

ThinnyJ

Sep 16, 2023
Rattler getting frustrated. Acts like he's so much better than the team, then throws a pick. Gotta pick your teammates up, not get frustrated with them.... Especially prior to throwing an int.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Rattler getting frustrated. Acts like he's so much better than the team, then throws a pick. Gotta pick your teammates up, not get frustrated with them.... Especially prior to throwing an int.
He WAS much better than the rest of the team. What game were you watching?

New member, makes sense.

Goofy141!

May 29, 2023
Well I can say that when the field was dry - we were doing pretty good but when it started raining - we went to crap - 11 penalties against 6 with a lot of no=calls on their defense made a lot of difference in this game - receivers couldn’t get open in the 2nd half - getting held on about every play

Goofy141!

May 29, 2023
But what else would you expect playing IGA at home while their ranked # 1. - just don’t see it this year = they will lose a game or maybe even two this year

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Not putting any blame on Rattler for this. He had to take risks while under duress. He's the only top tier player we have and he isn't enough against such a complete opponent. We have no credible running attack whatsoever. Dicking around with anyone other than Anderson at RB is a waste of time and even he is hamstrung by our very limited offensive line.

Reactions: Bubba Fett

Kpmack

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Jan 18, 2022
Im convinced the coaches are either f-ing retarded or they tried to make us lose
My only complaint is how the corners play so far off on 3rd downs. They were basically giving them a 1st down. No idea what the thought process is on that style of play.

Reactions: Tngamecock

Johncock

Jan 3, 2023
Running joyner up the middle, which is good for 2 yards is what cost us this game. Why run anderson successfully in the first half and then switch to 2 yard dk for the rest of the game? I swear the coaches tried to lose. BUT this shows that all the crap you see on the sports replays is a bunch of bs. We can play with anybody when we arnt hamstringed. We shoulda won this one.

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
7 yd off the receiver is fine. 10 or 12 is a little much. But you have to give them some cushion because the receiver has the advantage there. Get up tight in those situations in any decent play caller will double move your butt and it will be much worse than a first down. It's like taking candy from a baby. Only the most talented of corners can jam a guy at the line of scrimmage and still stay in his hip pocket if you he down field.
I agree with your logic but you can't give up easy throws for 1st downs because you are scared of being beat deep. They did this over and over and over again which is why they never got off the field and why they were exhausted.

Reactions: Kpmack

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
You try not having a running game and having to run for your life on every play. The defense doesn't have to do anything but pressure him every single play because they don't fear the run. You would get frustrated too!

Johncock

Jan 3, 2023
The coaches should answer why dit you switch to dk??? He not effective as a running back. Why did they keep running him?

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Hard fought game. If….if we can bring that effort every game we can be in every game. Still facing injury issues but we competed at a high level. The defense is not as talented as last year and we all know there’s a lack of depth at o-line yet we gave them hell. Go back and watch last year’s Georgia game before you judge before you judge this one. It’s not coaching, we need more depth of talent before we can not just compete, but win the big games. The game plan was great, but great teams are going to adjust and win on talent.

Reactions: Myrtlecock

Sparklecity

Jan 20, 2022
Do you think GA might have made adjustments at the half to take away that gameplan?
Think About It GIF by Identity

Reactions: Myrtlecock

ThinnyJ

Sep 16, 2023
He WAS much better than the rest of the team. What game were you watching?

New member, makes sense.
Dude, I'm not saying he's no good... I'm just saying you have to suck it up and hang in there without that. It gives the impression you've mentally checked out... Hence the erratic throws after it was visibly all over him. And I'm not a new member, I assure you.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Johncock, we didn’t stop, they adjusted and we don’t have the flexibility or depth to out play them. It was still a game going into the 4th quarter. The spread on this game was 27. Coaching kept us in it. They are too balanced and too deep. We are not as good on defense as last year and still held them to 24 points because we extended drives. Go back and look at last year’s game. Good performance and nobody thought we would go between the hedges and make this a 10 point game. Loved the fight our guys showed today.

Reactions: DaboSits2PeePee