South Carolina/Georgia game thread 9/16/23

Bubba Fett

Joined Oct 6, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
Hate to see it. The fire has gone out on D. You'd think in 3 point game we'd have more battle.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Hate to see it. The fire has gone out on D. You'd think in 3 point game we'd have more battle.
We haven't scored a point this half. Offense aint helping!

The 2nd half is the lopsided game I was expecting.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Had things set up as well as could be expected but failed to start the second half with a much-needed defensive stop.

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
Beamer made himself out to be an royal *** acting like they had done something when talking to the reporter coming out of half. I believe his words were " We are kicking their ***". No what you did was piss them off!

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Coming from someone who played and coached football, our guys have played their asses off. We were 27 point dogs in this game. The play calling has been excellent. They are wearing our defense down and they are rushing because we have to throw. You can’t coach your way out of these situations with injuries and their 5 star players. If you don’t know that then you don’t know football. We played and coached a great game and recruits saw that.

ThinnyJ

Sep 16, 2023
We just don't have the players across the lines... They just keep replacing with fresh bodies..... Can't compete like that for an entire game. At least we kept up for a half, but I hate losing. Play calling needs to be changed up when they know what we are doing isn't working.

Reactions: Bubba Fett

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
I will never understand why a defensive coordinator ever has his DB's 7 yards off the receiver when they only need 3 or 4 yards. Please someone explain to me!

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Coming from someone who played and coached football, our guys have played their asses off. We were 27 point dogs in this game. The play calling has been excellent. They are wearing our defense down and they are rushing because we have to throw. You can’t coach your way out of these situations with injuries and their 5 star players. If you don’t know that then you don’t know football. We played and coached a great game and recruits saw that.
They still have time to get 3 TDs on us.

Goofy141!

May 29, 2023
And to be honest that holding call on 55 was BS as well - their OL has held a LOT worse without getting called

Myrtlecock

Joined Nov 30, 1998
Jan 23, 2022
I will never understand why a defensive coordinator ever has his DB's 7 yards off the receiver when they only need 3 or 4 yards. Please someone explain to me!
7 yd off the receiver is fine. 10 or 12 is a little much. But you have to give them some cushion because the receiver has the advantage there. Get up tight in those situations in any decent play caller will double move your butt and it will be much worse than a first down. It's like taking candy from a baby. Only the most talented of corners can jam a guy at the line of scrimmage and still stay in his hip pocket if you he down field.