South Carolina is not the only tough sell seeking a coach

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
I do not know if this is accurate or Kentucky bashing, I will say with the Cardinals previous troubles with NCAA Will Wade is not the answer.

Backyard Archer

Joined Aug 15, 2017
Jan 18, 2022
Kentucky fans really are the Clemson fans of the SEC. Kelsey moving from a mid-major no one's heard of to one of the most recognizable basketball schools in the country is a "lateral move." I guess making $1 million a year to the probably $4 million Louisville is going to pay is also "lateral." Great hire by Louisville, Kelsey has been great both places he's been.

And no, the tweet isn't accurate with the offers either. The only other two they went after were Drew, who stayed at Baylor, and May who went to Michigan. Seemed like a pretty normal coaching search.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingWard

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
They just seem to be rival-bashing, and taking hyperbolic liberties with the truth.

One thing I will say, is that the whole narrative of a school not being a good destination because a coach turned it down, or a coach not being good because they didn't get a particular job is so old and not remotely true. Only one person gets any job, and not every job is a good fit for both sides. This whole reasoning just comes from idiot sports reporters stirring up stuff for clicks (because that's their job).

Reactions: KingWard

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
Thanks to Rick Pitino that program was left in flames. Some of the things going on in the recruitment of players was beyond the pale.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
We aren’t a tough sell. We have had some very big name coaches in all sports over the years. I love when posters try to slam us as they try to make a derogatory post about another team.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
We aren’t a tough sell. We have had some very big name coaches in all sports over the years. I love when posters try to slam us as they try to make a derogatory post about another team.
I think our two most recent football coaching searches (I could cite at least one other) and multiple previous basketball searches are indicative of less than top-tier attractiveness.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
I think our two most recent football coaching searches (I could cite at least one other) and multiple previous basketball searches are indicative of less than top-tier attractiveness.
Sure…..we missed out on some sure fire winners like Billy Napier and other can’t miss prospects.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Holbrook was a no brainer to try. I doubt we seriously considered anyone else. Kingston needs to bake or bbq soon.
Martin was a good hire at the time…..took us to a final four. . Long term not what we expected. Muschamp the only hire we know sucked at this point. Jury still out on Beamer and LP.

Holtz, Spurrier, and Staley as big name as it gets. We do okay.

Latest posts