”spooky“ Woods coached for 5 seasons. He won 24 games. But we made up for his lackluster performance by hiring Brad Scott. He won 23 games In 5 years.Sparky was fired at the end of his fourth year, as I recall. Beamer is in his mid third year and had almost no recruitment time when hired, plus had several good Muschamp players hit the portal.
Sparky didn't have to worry about a "portal".
Beamer deserves a fourth year, but he better be noticably improved by this time next year.
Yeah, if we have a better record next year, Beamer will have done one HECK of a job!!! Remarkable even.How are you going to be improved when you will be starting a freshman QB with no SEC experience and playing at Bama, Oklahoma, Kty, and Clemson plus playing LSU at home?
I think injuries and toughness of schedule is the excuse losers use.So are you all suggesting what Carolina has done most of its history which is to jump on the coaching carousel? I think we can't make informed decisions with all of the injuries. I think we may need to tweak some things on the staff and be aggressive in the portal, but I'm on board with Beamer.
By this time next year we will have played Bama LSU Oklahoma and Ole MissSparky was fired at the end of his fourth year, as I recall. Beamer is in his mid third year and had almost no recruitment time when hired, plus had several good Muschamp players hit the portal.
Sparky didn't have to worry about a "portal".
Beamer deserves a fourth year, but he better be noticably improved by this time next year.
GamecockCentral Football
Analytics Corner: Measuring South Carolina's 'intangible' issues
GamecockCentral Football
What South Carolina's offensive transfers have provided in 2026
TheBigSpur Football
Key Players for the South Carolina Offense vs. Florida
GamecockCentral Football
Triple threat: Vicari Swain getting shot to make impact for Gamecocks on offense
GamecockCentral Football
Three players to know for South Carolina's next opponent, the Florida Gators