Starocci Tweet, 3/10/24

Dec 23, 2021
Instead of playing into the clickbait, how about we just kick back and enjoy the performances of the other 9 today. The CStar situation is unfortunate. **** happens in sport & life. You try to make the best of bad situations. Hell, the tweet can be read at least 20 different ways. It will all be perfectly clear in 11 days.

gimb14

May 3, 2022
First thing is, no one here knows exactly what the injury to his knee is. So to say it is the right decision to sit him or coaching malpractice to let him wrestle is just ignorant. If in fact he was clearer to wrestle, and had a bus load of people coming from Erie, I feel for him. If he wasn't cleared to wrestle and still had a bus load of people coming then that is on him.
People here tend to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. Part of that is on the coaching staff, there is almost no transparency regarding injuries. Cael
himself said nothing changed " seek and destroy".
I think the coaches are the best in the world and even better individuals, but I don't think Starocci is 100% responsible for this situation.
But this is a message board where we get to form opinions as 100% fact and refuse to accept any other possible realities even if we have literally 0 inside info or anything close to knowing what has been discussed. Just ask foreverlion on the lions den board.

gimb14

May 3, 2022
I do not have the wrestling knowledge to post here often - but doesn’t it come down to history? Only 4 or 5 (?) other wrestlers have won 4 national titles? Seems like a lot to give up, to be #5 (or 6), and the first from PSU, over a disagreement with your coach. Heck, you might choose to never be associated with PSU again, but that’s who brung ya - and I don’t think he wants to leave the dance.
yes, but he also has the chance to be the first and likely only ever 5x champ and doesn't seem interested in that.

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Bailing on the NCAA tournament now would be worse than the Suriano transfer…

…it would be “cutting off his nose to spite his face”!

…and we would still win the team title with the other nine guys!
You can win a NC with only 9 guys???????? Sarc ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Garw and WV lion

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Carter will be fine. He knows the team needs him in addition he wants to make history. I’m personally just trying to stay positive. Negative comments serve’s nothing. He needs lifted up right now. We all know Carter wears his emotions on his sleeve. So happy for our guys. Can’t wait for Nationals in KC.

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023
Carter will be fine. He knows the team needs him in addition he wants to make history. I’m personally just trying to stay positive. Negative comments serve’s nothing. He needs lifted up right now. We all know Carter wears his emotions on his sleeve. So happy for our guys. Can’t wait for Nationals in KC.
Ya I think he will want to be a part of it too…but certainly blew off a bit of steam there!

Oct 12, 2021
Carter would be better served to channel these frustrations into his NCAA run and take it out on his opponents. I hope over the next two weeks he finds his way to that conclusion. If so he would be even more amazing at his craft.

• Love
Reactions: Got GSPs

Nate_98

Nov 4, 2021
I love Carter as a wrestler, but making the Olympic Team in 2024 is a stretch for him! To make 74kg he has cut 11lbs more to 163lbs and then beat Kyle Dake or Jason Nolf. If he can’t make 74kg he will have to go 86kg which is 189lbs and beat David Taylor and Aaron Brooks!
Two bad options there…

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Two bad options there…
This^^ it doesn’t make sense for him To cut or gain wait that quick which is impossible due to the fact that he is going against awesome wrestlers and he would not have the strength or experience required this year to compete.

so he should get with Cael and as viper said to maverick. “Have enough poise to come back” and win nationals.

Reactions: cb1994 and JBott

cb1994

Oct 31, 2022
This^^ it doesn’t make sense for him To cut or gain wait that quick which is impossible due to the fact that he is going against awesome wrestlers and he would not have the strength or experience required this year to compete.

so he should get with Cael and as viper said to maverick. “Have enough poise to come back” and win nationals.
Absolutely. I think internationally his goal should be 2024 non olympic worlds at 79 (I think they're having those), try and move up to 86 in 2025/26 and fight like hell against AB for 2026/7 worlds and 2028 olympics.

Reactions: GoPSU97

cb1994

Oct 31, 2022

Jonah Hill Yes GIF

• Haha
Reactions: LB99

Latest posts