STATE at Michigan score prediction thread

Player2BNamedL8r

Oct 12, 2021
Don’t know what the final score will be, but if State doesn’t win by at least 7 TDs, then Franklin should be canned and/or the university should fold!! 🤪

Jim from Spicewood

Oct 12, 2021
Checking now. When I drive back and forth from Chicago time changed around south bend. Is Ann arbor east of south bend?

if this is true I’m changing my numbers
Whoever came up with the U.S. time zones had one too many tequila lattes.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Whoever came up with the U.S. time zones had one too many tequila lattes.
If you look at it on a globe, you will the lines of longitude radiate from the equator towards the North Pole, meaning that what you see on a flat map is not an accurate reflection of how the earth is shaped and therfore how the time differences are determined. But, if you are person in east Illiniois and your friend is across the border in western Indiana - you are younger than him.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Here I go again. We should eliminate time zones entirely all around the world and just change the time we awake and go about our day. In NY we get up at 7 and in LA we get up at 10. The sun is rising in both places.

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
UM 27
PSU 14

We get an ejection on a bs targeting call early.
We get a typical bs drive ending holding penalty late.
UM bounce pass called a completion. Technical difficulties on review, call stands
Time runs out before game winning UM field goal called good
Heal Toe
2 seconds added to the clock . . . well, just to honor Lloyd Carr day

ps_1294

Oct 12, 2021
Huge. If michigan started at 11 a.m. and PSU started at noon, think about the deficit PSU would have to overcome.

(🤫 We should keep this between us. I don’t want to give the b1g any ideas.)
l’m thinking we should be able to stage a huge comeback when Michigan runs out of time!😂

Reactions: PSU12046

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
I mean, predicting the score is not costing me any money. Why would I predict anything other than a Penn State victory?
Is this a trick question?

You would predict something other than a Penn State victory if you expected Penn State to lose.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
PSU wins on the heals of a stiffling Defense and an improved Running Game with some timely passes. No prediction of a score but rather how it will be done. We will impose our will in Ann Arbor on Satutday and Michigan will be left wondering if McNamara would have withstood the pressure better.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
If you look at it on a globe, you will the lines of longitude radiate from the equator towards the North Pole, meaning that what you see on a flat map is not an accurate reflection of how the earth is shaped and therfore how the time differences are determined. But, if you are person in east Illiniois and your friend is across the border in western Indiana - you are younger than him.

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Meh, I’ll never predict a Penn State loss.
I understand and respect that...but I was just answering your question.

I used to be the same way. Not sure why I turned a corner about 7 years ago or so...now I tend to call em like I see em. Some days I wish I could go back to being the fan I used to be.....I like to convince myself it's the wisdom of age, but it's probably just the get off my lawn crankiness that comes along with it.

Reactions: Connorpozlee

WSTLion87

Oct 10, 2021
Down by ten in the second quarter.... Allar comes in and ignites a rally for the ages... At about 4pm Saturday, East Beaver Avenue is an absolute madhouse! By 10 pm Saturday night downtown State College is the craziest and most joyful place in America!

Good Guys 26 Mecheatagain 23

Reactions: PSUJam

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Really don’t know. Start Allen and we have a chance to start moving the chains and keep the defense fresh. Start singleton and throw bombs it may be a long day and come down to a critical call where franklin calls the timeout at the wrong time and ices our kicker and he misses. Wait he already did that.
Central Michigan was a great tape for other teams to watch. It will be interesting if we have learned from that game.
Is mustipher ready to go. Is issac. Full speed now that it is mid October. Do the young linebackers know what to do and are ready. Do the coaches limit hardy especially on 3rd and long.
Do we go five wide and let Clifford take a beating or do we keep a back on the backfield and setup Michigan with multiple plays to tight end and backs out of backfield.
Our punter amor has been a pleasant surprise does he continue his progression and pinegar, can he be solid and hit all field goals.

so many questions for this Saturday.

can’t make a prediction. Heart says yes, head says many variables to overcome.

Reactions: NB4PSU

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Central Michigan was a great tape for other teams to watch. It will be interesting if we have learned from that game.

I tend to think Michigan sells out early. They'll fill the box. They will blitz and attack early to see how we respond. Do we have 10-15 plays scripted out? Do we come in with a call and adjust based on what they show?

Early, I'd like to use the WR screens and get Michigan running. Pick up a first down, go tempo. I'd start Allen or Lee and then play action off the tempo into our Floods set. WR screens to flip the short side of the field then flip the WRs and run to the opposite side. I'd probably rotate my backs every 3-4 plays if I start driving. Different wrinkle than we've shown.

I think they play aggressive defense this week. More than they have. They usually blitz on 3rd downs. I think we see it more on 1st/2nd unless we can burn them.

PSUMichFan

Oct 28, 2021
As much as I would love to see a dominant PSU game, I believe Michigan is fundamentally sound in many aspects of the game. In fact they are probably better this year than last year. With our current struggles against Northwestern and CMU I don't see us winning. U of M is playing at home, their quarterback statistically is better (decent passing offense), their defense is solid and they have a good consistent running game. I am happy with our young players performance and I think the best years are yet to come for this team. I just see too many areas of needed improvement to win this game and I am not confident we are there yet. The game will be competitive until the 2nd half. I hope I am wrong with my opinion......

U of M: 34
PSU : 17

• Angry
Reactions: BobPSU92

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
If we are going to do it then this is the year. Next year schedule much harder and who knows what 2024 looks like. Michigan is a toss up and we do not have to play our best to win but it will be about which team shows up and is better. Franklin has the team that is developing and maturing each week this year! So the time is now if he wants to get psu to the next level!

Train027

Nov 1, 2021
Penn State will carry a lead into the 4th quarter. Then, thanks to 3-and-outs that burn all of 25 seconds off the clock, and 3-man rushes when on defense, Michigan goes on a run where the QB shreds the Penn State defense with 15 seconds of time to be looking for a receiver, and then nails 8-out-of-8 on every drive to win by 2 TDs.

(Sorry, it happens a lot in big games, to the mediocrity of Barrett, Luwerke, Darnold.....)
😩😩😩

Train027

Nov 1, 2021
My prediction is Michigan will have the final possession and the officials will begin it by adding no less than two seconds to the game clock.

Reactions: psuno1

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
l’m thinking we should be able to stage a huge comeback when Michigan runs out of time!😂
Penn State, thinking Michigan has left the field after time expired (for them), runs up the middle but finds out that 2 seconds had been added back to Michigan's time and the play is stuffed. Then the Wolverines actually DO leave the field and, after two overthrows, the Lions go for it and score the winning TD on a gutsy 4th down call.

Reactions: ps_1294 and LionJim

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
Penn State will carry a lead into the 4th quarter. Then, thanks to 3-and-outs that burn all of 25 seconds off the clock, and 3-man rushes when on defense, Michigan goes on a run where the QB shreds the Penn State defense with 15 seconds of time to be looking for a receiver, and then nails 8-out-of-8 on every drive to win by 2 TDs.

(Sorry, it happens a lot in big games, to the mediocrity of Barrett, Luwerke, Darnold.....)
Perhaps, but haven't seen much a Diaz tendency to ever rush only 3... :unsure: ;)

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
Two Keys to victory :
* Hold Corum under 70 yds total in production total of run and pass.
* Decent emphasis with our TE’s in game plan….especially in RZ.
* Assuming these two things happen…PSU 23 Mich 21
One more to add:

As much as possible avoid leaving the outcome in the hands of the officials...🤷‍♂️

It is absolutely ridiculous that we have to be just as or more concerned about fair officiating as we do the UM team itself...:mad:

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
One more to add:

As much as possible avoid leaving the outcome in the hands of the officials...🤷‍♂️

It is absolutely ridiculous that we have to be just as or more concerned about fair officiating as we do the UM team itself...:mad:

Well, it is their conference.

• Angry
Reactions: Shadow99

Ram20

Oct 25, 2021
I tend to think Michigan sells out early. They'll fill the box. They will blitz and attack early to see how we respond. Do we have 10-15 plays scripted out? Do we come in with a call and adjust based on what they show?

Early, I'd like to use the WR screens and get Michigan running. Pick up a first down, go tempo. I'd start Allen or Lee and then play action off the tempo into our Floods set. WR screens to flip the short side of the field then flip the WRs and run to the opposite side. I'd probably rotate my backs every 3-4 plays if I start driving. Different wrinkle than we've shown.

I think they play aggressive defense this week. More than they have. They usually blitz on 3rd downs. I think we see it more on 1st/2nd unless we can burn them.

Smart analysis, I would like a start to the game that mimicked this. I particularly like the idea of the WR screens to stretch this defense horizontally. I know we don't run them to the backs, but if Michigan gets overly aggressive early in this game, a RB screen could be useful. Just me or since Auburn have we started to devolve back into the shotgun, slow developing, running game a touch? If I see one of those get blown up on the first drive I am going to lose my mind.

Reactions: VaDave4PSU

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021

With gusts up to 27 mph, I think it's going to be tough to take long shots down the field, but that hasn't been our m.o. anyway. However, our kicking game is suspect and you may see a few calls to go for it on 4th and short where we'd normally try a FG.

Screenshot_20221012-124713_Cloud.jpg

Reactions: VaDave4PSU