Steelers / Lions thread....

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
So far this looks like the kind of disaster we endured yesterday........

:mad:

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
What kind of a clueless coach gets first and goal from the 5 against a winless team and passes with their backup QB on first and second AND third downs, when their best player on offense is their rookie RB ????????????

Do all of my teams have to play stupid ?????????

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
People have been saying for years the Steelers needed to draft and plan for Ben’s retirement. They’ve not really addressed that and here we have a preview of life post Ben. Granted the team as a whole isn’t playing well today, but some of these throws are just awful.

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
The view of TJ's lower leg show looked to me like he broke his lower leg.

Hope NOT....

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
People have been saying for years the Steelers needed to draft and plan for Ben’s retirement. They’ve not really addressed that and here we have a preview of life post Ben. Granted the team as a whole isn’t playing well today, but some of these throws are just awful.
I really believe the Steelers would have drafted, even traded up the draft a QB if there was one worthy that they believed would be a great NFL QB and available, in the last 2-3 years. Or above them in the draft with a willing trade partner. But sometimes that does not happen.

But yes, time has run out and they need to either sign a very good shorter term replacement, such as Rogers, or put a package together to trade up for one they believe will be a great NFL QB. But this is supposed to be a very very bad year for QB's in the draft so I'm not optimistic about them finding one in the 2022 draft.......

Last edited:
Reactions: bbrown and Psu00

ripengleshat

Oct 30, 2021
What kind of a clueless coach gets first and goal from the 5 against a winless team and passes with their backup QB on first and second AND third downs, when their best player on offense is their rookie RB ????????????

Do all of my teams have to play stupid ?????????
Why, yes. It appears they do.

Oct 7, 2021
whats with the offensive play calling in both the pros and college. 30 yard fades on 3rd and 5. Why do these coaches love the fade pass?

Reactions: Psu00

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
I really believe the Steelers would have drafted, even traded up the draft a QB if there was on worthy that they believed would be a great NFL QB and available, in the last 2-3 years. Or above them in the draft with a willing trade partner. But sometimes that does not happen.

But yes, time has run out and they need to either sign a very good shorter term replacement, such as Rogers, or put a package together to trade up for one. But this is supposed to be a very very bad year for QB's in the draft so I'm not optimistic about them finding one in the 2022 draft.......
I hear ya but there had to be someone out there better than Mason Rudolph.

I’m starting to get flashbacks to the Bubby Brister years. ;).

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
I hear ya but there had to be someone out there better than Mason Rudolph.

I’m starting to get flashbacks to the Bubby Brister years. ;).
A bulked up Bubby might be able to get these snaps nearer to Rudoph.....

:(

• Haha
Reactions: Psu00

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
Lions (Detroit) showing the Steelers about as much respect as they deserve by calling timeouts when the Steelers have the ball at the end of OT.....

Reactions: razpsu

AvgUser

Oct 7, 2021
Absolutely pathetic.

fitting that a PSUer coughed it up after this season instate college.

84lion

Oct 7, 2021
Fortunately only watched the OT and a bit of the 4th. I got up from the couch and thought, "well, that's 40 minutes I can't get back, watching the Keystone Kops and Laurel and Hardy." What an utter mess - both teams.

Pocono Lion

Oct 7, 2021
Bad play by Freiermuth but the Steelers should have kicked the FG on 3rd down there. What was the gain, about 2 yards? Wouldn’t have made much difference to Boswell, plus Freiermuth wasn’t out of bounds and with no TO’s there’s no guarantee they could kill the clock in time. If you’re going to run a play there it has to be one where the receiver can get OOB on his own.

Omar81

Oct 19, 2021
Bad play by Freiermuth but the Steelers should have kicked the FG on 3rd down there. What was the gain, about 2 yards? Wouldn’t have made much difference to Boswell, plus Freiermuth wasn’t out of bounds and with no TO’s there’s no guarantee they could kill the clock in time. If you’re going to run a play there it has to be one where the receiver can get OOB on his own.
Friermuth completely screwed up that play with an utter lack of fundamentals or football sense. It was stupefying, really. He caught the ball (which is more than he did on other occasions earlier in the game) and IMMEDIATELY put the ball in the wrong (inside) hand, and THEN cut upfield instead of racing to the sideline to stop the clock. The play started with 15 seconds remaining and the Steelers had zero timeouts. Then, as a direct result of the two aforementioned gaffes, the unnecessarily exposed ball was punched out and recovered by Detroit.

Horrible.

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules

Omar81

Oct 19, 2021
He could and should have gotten out of bounds. He had a terrible game.

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
Oh wow we've found a way to make me more angry about yesterday. I didn't think that was possible.