What's your point? Frankly, I really don't care about APR. I'm all for RU doing things according to the rules. However, for the players, do what you are required to do to stay qualified and don't embarrass my school (no suspensions, no arrests, no flunking out, etc.). And lets win a few games.For all the people concerned about two random arrests by Stony Brook players a month after Pikiell was hired here..I think this is more telling about what kind of program he ran...
Notice the SB on the bottom?
What's your point? Frankly, I really don't care about APR. I'm all for RU doing things according to the rules. However, for the players, do what you are required to do to stay qualified and don't embarrass my school (no suspensions, no arrests, no flunking out, etc.). And lets win a few games.
Maybe this isn't a bad thread to discuss how RU is one of four Big 10 schools that have academic requirements beyond NCAA qualifying standards and how kids that can easily get into Mich St. and nine other B10 schools can't get into RU.
Maybe this isn't a bad thread to discuss how RU is one of four Big 10 schools that have academic requirements beyond NCAA qualifying standards and how kids that can easily get into Mich St. and nine other B10 schools can't get into RU.
I didn't say they shouldn't strive to be good students. I'm just tired of hearing how great our APR is.Totally agree!!!! Why would we want our student athletes to strive to be good students?
I believe our acceptance standards are the same as the NCAA. Where we struggle is with accepting JUCOs where we frequently don't accept the courses taken at the JUCO.I have never heard that to be the case, and specifically understood it to not be the case. Do you have any more information you can provide? Or a link?
What's your point? Frankly, I really don't care about APR. I'm all for RU doing things according to the rules. However, for the players, do what you are required to do to stay qualified and don't embarrass my school (no suspensions, no arrests, no flunking out, etc.). And lets win a few games.
The Knight Report
Greg Schiano Presser Recap + Early Thoughts on Indiana - TKR Pod
The Knight Report
Four-Star Forward Brandon Woodard commits to Rutgers Basketball
The Knight Report
Rutgers Wrestling's Newest Star Anthony Knox Addresses His Past and Looks Ahead
The Knight Report
Full 2026-27 Rutgers Wrestling Schedule Released
The Knight Report
Rutgers Football HC Greg Schiano talks Indiana game week