T&L Extra: Sports Illustrated’s Ross Dellenger Talks MSU Football and SEC Storylines

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
Reactions: DerHntr

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
HD, I have a question for you. Since I don’t do Twitter, I’ll ask here. Do you think the perception and lack of respect for MSU has a negative effect on our wins? I ask since every win we seem to have against a good/great team always gets turned into commentary on the other team sucking and not a lot of praise on MSU being a good team.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I think the lack of respect is from not beating great teams. We've beaten good teams, but we haven't conquered an Alabama or UGA yet. The wins that OM got over Tebow's UF and Saban's Bama are still resonating with all the talking heads. All we have to show is beating a few 8-4 teams.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Very rarely do teams beat the elites. aTm never does that. Arkansas never does that. Yet when we beat a good team, it’s always the other team’s fault for losing as if MSU is the Marshall or App State of the SEC. I believe USCe even gets more respect than us for some reason.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Very rarely do teams beat the elites. aTm never does that. Arkansas never does that. Yet when we beat a good team, it’s always the other team’s fault for losing as if MSU is the Marshall or App State of the SEC. I believe USCe even gets more respect than us for some reason.
Didn't USCe beat Bama some years ago? Regardless, I agree with your sentiment. We have to beat an elite team at some point. I think it will go a long way.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think that lost to Texas Tech last bowl season is still in their heads.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Didn't USCe beat Bama some years ago? Regardless, I agree with your sentiment. We have to beat an elite team at some point. I think it will go a long way.
Did they? I don’t even recall that which shows the impact it made on my perception of their program.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
As we near the halfway point of the season, Mississippi State looks to be poised for potentially its best results under Mike Leach. Brian Hadad welcomes Ross Dellenger of Sports Illustrated to the studio to talk about this Bulldog team, his thoughts on the year so far, and some storylines that have his attention in the SEC.

The post T&L Extra: Sports Illustrated’s Ross Dellenger Talks MSU Football and SEC Storylines appeared first on SuperTalk Mississippi.

More...
Have y'all considered transcribing these interviews for the people that are willing to read but don't want to listen?

I know having a good transcription by a human would probably cost more than it's worth, but even just a semi-accurate software performed transcription would be good enough for me to read it. Don't know if advertisers would object to having another medium when their spot is audible. Just throwing it out there.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
2010. With Alshon Jeffrey and Marcus Lattimore.
I wasn’t doubting you, just pointing out that I didn’t remember it and how little it affected my perception.
We’ve had our own fair share of beating top-ranked teams. We just don’t get the respect. If we win against a great team, it’s always the opponent’s fault.
I know you get that. I’m just venting and asking Hadad his thoughts on how to fix that.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I wasn’t doubting you, just pointing out that I didn’t remember it and how little it affected my perception.
We’ve had our own fair share of beating top-ranked teams. We just don’t get the respect. If we win against a great team, it’s always the opponent’s fault.
I know you get that. I’m just venting and asking Hadad his thoughts on how to fix that.
Our best wins are over 8-4 teams. Not our fault, but it's something to consider.

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
Have y'all considered transcribing these interviews for the people that are willing to read but don't want to listen?

I know having a good transcription by a human would probably cost more than it's worth, but even just a semi-accurate software performed transcription would be good enough for me to read it. Don't know if advertisers would object to having another medium when their spot is audible. Just throwing it out there.
Honestly, no. I work for a radio network, we're an audio medium. We do some written stuff for the webpage, but I rarely go over 200 words.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Yep. I'm thinking that good ranked teams losing to STATE ruins them mentally for the rest of the season. LMAO. We still be "Croomin".

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg