What’d he say?
He's the guy who cried in his car on the way down to his Duke visit.Who the heck is Jay Williams?
Never heard of him. And I guess now I know why.
Seriously?
Jersey kid. Played for Duke.Yes. Seriously.
Okay. I googled him. He played for Duke I see. Cool.
Continue googling and see how close he came to playing for us. Then you'll see why he gets little slack here.Yes. Seriously.
Okay. I googled him. He played for Duke I see. Cool.
Class move by jay Williams owning up to it.
Story goes his mom was offered a “ job “ in the area though committed to us only days away from signing officially...it was really odd... his claim was he really really really wanted to stay home at RU... screw Jay Williams.
Class move by jay Williams owning up to it.
I don’t believe that is the case. He never committed to RU and committed to Duke in the summer.
Jay is a member at the country club I used to work at. I told him the story I had been told and asked him about it.
He responded, Duke is Duke and I couldn’t pass it up.
Williams never gave RU an oral commitment. Everyone thought one was coming until his mother made him drive to Durham for a visit to Duke. After visiting Duke and meeting Coach K he committed to Duke.
The same Jay Williams that tried to become the RU head coach, lol...
He actually said that he cried when he called Banan to tell him he was not coming here. On the trip down to Duke he said he wasn’t speaking to his parents because he did not want to go. Of course, we know how that turned out.He's the guy who cried in his car on the way down to his Duke visit.
---Let's not forget Jay put RU in "Tier 4" in the B1G with only Nebraska joining us at the very bottom of the league. And that was after we got off to a great start this year.
We’d lose by 25
The Knight Report
Brandin Knight takes over Rutgers basketball while Steve Pikiell battles cancer
The Knight Report
Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
High School Football
Prediction: Can Bergen Catholic (N.J.) run the table in the 2nd half of the season?
The Knight Report
WAR ROOM: Latest Recruit Scoop and Team News on Rutgers Athletics
The Knight Report
Rutgers Basketball talks Big Ten Media Days on BTN