Tarboro vs Greene Central

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
For the record it was 42-14 at the time. And the game was a running clock. On to Farmville Central
 
Last edited:

vikandpirate4christ

All-Conference
Nov 18, 2011
2,916
4,745
78
I’m speaking this message so some of it may be incorrect and I can come back and edit it later but was killing me folks are saying Green center was going to come back and get us,
But we could’ve easily scored at the end of the game if we wanted to. This game was never in question no matter what narrative they want to spin on social media
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tarboroviking18

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
I’m speaking this message so some of it may be incorrect and I can come back and edit it later but was killing me folks are saying Green center was going to come back and get us,
But we could’ve easily scored at the end of the game if we wanted to. This game was never in question no matter what narrative they want to spin on social media
This the one right here. I give greene Central credit for fighting hard and playing a good second half. But folks are acting like they were getting ready to come back it was a running clock 42 to 7.
 

swe98

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2010
5,555
2,609
113
Calm down, y'all. No need to be so sensitive. I was just saying "look at this really, really bad call." As in, it was so bad, it was funny.
 

MoDean

Sophomore
Sep 7, 2018
331
151
43
I disagree. It mattered. Even though GC eventually scored, that was more of a lot of things that didn't have to occur in order for them to get that score. Time, energy, wear and tear, lost stats for the player, etc. I'm not actually blaming Tarboro. That was just a jab. It clearly falls on the ref simply making an egregious call. But what if, though? What if GC had not scored? Wouldn't have changed the outcome, but it would have taken something away from them that they clearly earned. And I feel for the kid. That was an individual accomplishment stolen from him. Most calls can be argued, depending on which side you root for. But this one was sooooo bad, no one on either side can argue that it wasn't. Unfortunately, people are gonna use it as fuel that Tarboro cheats at home. People want to find any reason to discredit the success.
There was an obvious block in the back on punt Tarboro ran back too. The refs from that game are catching some grief.
 

Tarboroviking18

All-Conference
Mar 24, 2023
1,471
2,007
113
Yes the refs made a mistake the kid didn't step out of bounds. As a Tarboro fan I'll admit it should have been a touchdown. Now Fwiw it was 42-7 with a running clock when that happened. Props to Greene Central for fighting hard and refusing to quit in the second half.
 
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  3. 03 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  4. 04 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5