Tatum...

dbav

All-American
Mar 14, 2014
8,042
5,875
0
He is such a great finisher at the rim. As has been stated elsewhere, I would like to see him use the jumper less and attack more.

I mentioned this in another thread, my impression of him mirrors my impression of Justise at the same point in the season. He gets a little jump shot crazy when he should be attacking, but did much better with that in the second half. He's on another level when he's aggressive.

I hope he continues to progress and have the success that Justise had.
 

Quavarius

Heisman
Aug 12, 2009
175,654
22,058
113
I agree. I felt the same way about Kennard last season. He wouldn't be much of a surprise this season if he'd done more of driving to the lane. Since he's such a great FT shooter, he should have averaged the same amount of points last season as he has this season.
 

nets on nets on nets

All-American
Jun 4, 2015
4,162
5,515
113
I do think Tatum should put the contested long 2's to a halt. Much like Justise, he's just such a superior athlete to mostly everyone else on the court, he can get a jumpshot off whenever he wants to.
We do need Tatum to be a 15-20 point guy though to reach our ceiling, I believe in him.
 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Devils Illustrated Football My Take: Threefold silver linings for Duke, now obvious
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more
  3. 03 Devils Illustrated Football How PFF graded Duke's defense against William & Mary
  4. 04 Devils Illustrated Football How PFF graded Duke's offense against William & Mary
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Football Watch: New Big J & Little J Show breaks down this weekend's romp and the first 4 games