Tessa Freakin Johnson

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
We know Fulwiley has no fear and will launch from anywhere. And We have, in the immortal words of Rob Wriggle, "Pa Pow" as a pure shooter.
If you add Johnson as the third shooter it spreads the floor so nicely for our Bigs. And if that is working underneath and the defense sags at all then with a few quick perimeter passes you can find Pa Pow, Snipper Johnson, or the Bomb Fulwiley. Fulwileys shot is unusual. It has very little rotation but if it goes in so what!! Johnsons shot is pure nectar. Eight 3's in the first half alone.

USMC1974

Feb 28, 2024
I think Tessa is the team’s most improved player… in her freshman year. She went from getting single digit minutes early in the year to getting 15+ minutes every game. We’ve seen her confidence grow in every area… driving the lane, taking a 3, making good passes. We knew Milaysia was going to be special, but Tessa has been the biggest surprise. We’re 9 players deep, with no let down in effectiveness. When we substitute out the starters, the opposing team gets no break. And credit Dawn… she recruited players who buy into her system. We’re not built on a star player… we’re built on 9 players who all contribute and have the head coach’s confidence. Never seen another team like it.

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
I turned the game on the play before we went up by 22 points. The game I saw looked like a melt down and know one knowing how to stop it. The shooting by Indiana was phenomenal. After seeing that it is clear, beyond Kitts no one knows how to shot midrange shots.

gamecox4982

Jan 21, 2022
If I were playing against Carolina I would let Johnson shoot from outside as much as she wanted. I personally wouldn’t guard her that closely because she rarely makes threes from what I’ve seen

• Haha
Reactions: USCEDGE

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Interesting strategy given Tessa Johnson is a 43% three-point shooter.
I don't think he knows the difference between Tessa and Raven.

Community Reaction GIF

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
Tessa will be a superstar. Her moxy in that spotlight will only get stronger and stronger stronger. Brilliant performance off the bench.

Reactions: Orion

USCEDGE

Joined Mar 5, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
I heard a rumor that Tessa was not at today's celebration at the CLA. Anyone have any info on this?

Gamecock Vet

Feb 13, 2022
If I were playing against Carolina I would let Johnson shoot from outside as much as she wanted. I personally wouldn’t guard her that closely because she rarely makes threes from what I’ve seen
You must either be blind or you aren’t watching the same games as everyone else. I think she hit two to three threes in the championship game that never touched iron!!

Reactions: Whiterockcock69

gamecox4982

Jan 21, 2022

secocks

Joined Sep 12, 1999
Jan 26, 2022
You can see the confidence building with Tessa. At the start of the season she only shot 3s but now she is driving to the basket and driving for mid range jumpers.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Ha. Haven’t heard that name in forever. Check out some of these passes!

The colourization of this video is not so great. Simple example. Celtics road uniforms were green.

But the plays were great to watch.