Texas vs. Okie St

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Texas is NOT a “blueblood” program, unlike USC. They have only 4 natties and 2 Heismans. Their deluded fans want people to think they are.

Not to be argumentative, but I'll post this for an ESPN rational for UT's Blue-blood status:

BLUE BLOODS LIST​

T1. Alabama Crimson Tide | 10

The Tide own 11 national titles (including the most recent one). They play in the ever-competitive SEC, where they have won 25 conference titles, 12 more than the next closest team. Alabama also has more bowl wins (35) than any team in the country.

T1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish | 10

It's hard to argue with the highest all-time winning percentage in all of college football, which is the perch on which Notre Dame sits. At 892-313, the Irish have won more than 73 percent of their games. They have also won eight national championships and generated seven Heisman Trophy winners.

T1. Ohio State Buckeyes | 10

Ohio State also has seven Heisman Trophies, including the only two-time winner in running back Archie Griffin (1974, 1975). The Buckeyes have six titles to their names, half of which were won by Woody Hayes, who led the program for 28 seasons. The Buckeyes have won 35 Big Ten titles.

T1. Oklahoma Sooners | 10

The Sooners have won 72 percent of their games since taking the field in 1895, and they've won 75 percent of their conference games. With seven national titles and 14 undefeated seasons, Bob Stoops' program is a lock for blueblood status.

T1. USC Trojans | 10

The Trojans would be part of the seven-Heisman club were it not for Reggie Bush's vacated trophy. They have won seven national titles and boast 33 bowl wins, the No. 2 mark in the country behind Alabama.

6. Michigan Wolverines | 9.92

The Wolverines fall short of their fellow blue bloods in national championships with only two. But while Notre Dame has the best winning percentage, Michigan has won more games overall by a margin of 33. Current coach Jim Harbaugh will try to widen the gap.

7. Texas Longhorns | 9.83

The Longhorns have won four titles and are one of eight teams to have won 70 percent or more of their games all-time. Texas won or shared 25 conference championships during its time in the Southwest Conference but has only won three in the Big 12.

8. Nebraska Cornhuskers | 9.5

Relatively speaking, Nebraska has enjoyed more recent success. The first of the Cornhuskers five national championships came in 1970. They went back to back in 1970-71 and again in 1994-95. They've also produced three Heisman winners including 2001's winner, quarterback Eric Crouch.

Reactions: Pudly76

TrojanMoondoggie

Aug 24, 2017
While Texas, to some, may not be "blue blood" when comparing their number of NCs to, say, the likes of USC, they more than compensate for it in their passion for the game.

Compare Memorial Stadium to the Coliseum when both teams aren't doing well and "blue blood" becomes a moot point.

Now, a school like ucla will pale by comparison to USC when it comes to fan support, but for a "blue blood," USC looks paltry compared to the likes of even those schools we wouldn't consider "blue bloods," if basing it on NCs only.

Texans love their football; the game is almost religion in the state of Texas. Butts will be in the seats at UT regardless.

At least until half-time. When my ex, an A&M grad, says a portion of the "tea sip" brigade leaves.

Of course, his parents were both UT grads, so his "belittling" of UT fans was only partially serious, and more tongue in cheek.

TrojanHorseshoe

Aug 24, 2017
Not to be argumentative, but I'll post this for an ESPN rational for UT's Blue-blood status:

BLUE BLOODS LIST​

The Tide own 11 national titles (including the most recent one). They play in the ever-competitive SEC, where they have won 25 conference titles, 12 more than the next closest team. Alabama also has more bowl wins (35) than any team in the country.

It's hard to argue with the highest all-time winning percentage in all of college football, which is the perch on which Notre Dame sits. At 892-313, the Irish have won more than 73 percent of their games. They have also won eight national championships and generated seven Heisman Trophy winners.

Ohio State also has seven Heisman Trophies, including the only two-time winner in running back Archie Griffin (1974, 1975). The Buckeyes have six titles to their names, half of which were won by Woody Hayes, who led the program for 28 seasons. The Buckeyes have won 35 Big Ten titles.

The Sooners have won 72 percent of their games since taking the field in 1895, and they've won 75 percent of their conference games. With seven national titles and 14 undefeated seasons, Bob Stoops' program is a lock for blueblood status.

T1. USC Trojans | 10

The Trojans would be part of the seven-Heisman club were it not for Reggie Bush's vacated trophy. They have won seven national titles and boast 33 bowl wins, the No. 2 mark in the country behind Alabama.

The Wolverines fall short of their fellow blue bloods in national championships with only two. But while Notre Dame has the best winning percentage, Michigan has won more games overall by a margin of 33. Current coach Jim Harbaugh will try to widen the gap.

The Longhorns have won four titles and are one of eight teams to have won 70 percent or more of their games all-time. Texas won or shared 25 conference championships during its time in the Southwest Conference but has only won three in the Big 12.

Relatively speaking, Nebraska has enjoyed more recent success. The first of the Cornhuskers five national championships came in 1970. They went back to back in 1970-71 and again in 1994-95. They've also

TrojanHorseshoe

Aug 24, 2017

BLUE BLOODS LIST​

T1. USC Trojans | 10

Relatively speaking, Nebraska has enjoyed more recent success. The

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
I’m completely rooting for Sark to lose. Bozo drinks on the job, embarrassing himself and the school, gets himself fired, and then sues the school. Takes no responsibility for his own actions. I’m rooting for him to lose every game he coaches from now to eternity.

Sometimes even very smart people have to hit bottom before they figure out life and turn things around. Fortunately, most Americans are remarkably forgiving.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
Weird as it sounds, I don’t blame him for being a drunk while coaching at USC, that I put on those who chose to ignore it and allow it. And like you, I don’t think he’ll last at texass. That said, I too hope for his sobriety to continue.
I hope so too. I can relate.

Reactions: Pudly76

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
Texas is NOT a “blueblood” program, unlike USC. They have only 4 natties and 2 Heismans. Their deluded fans want people to think they are.

Unfortunately TX won the 2006 Rose Bowl in dramatic fashion, which still pains me to this day. It’s ranked as the greatest college football game of all time so they’re probably considered blue blood by most people.

CoronaTrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
I know how they must feel. We had a chance to hire a top HC, and our admin hired Sark. And Texas admin could have looked for a top HC or hired Sark. They hired Sark.
You would have thought that after his coaching stints at UW and USC that UT would have had enough evidence to know that Sark's teams usually are not solid defensively and that his bubble-screen offense can't run the ball (even with good talent at RB) to hold a lead late in a game.

CoronaTrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
Unfortunately TX won the 2006 Rose Bowl in dramatic fashion, which still pains me to this day. It’s ranked as the greatest college football game of all time so they’re probably considered blue blood by most people.

The fame of UT football was a product of the Darrell Royal teams of the 60's and 70's - Mac Brown's success was a very brief period of time pretty much due to the great talent of Vince Young and USC's botched 4th-down play late in the 2006 Rose Bowl. Otherwise UT football has been one giant disappointment in the past 40 years.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
The fame of UT football was a product of the Darrell Royal teams of the 60's and 70's - Mac Brown's success was a very brief period of time pretty much due to the great talent of Vince Young and USC's botched 4th-down play late in the 2006 Rose Bowl. Otherwise UT football has been one giant disappointment in the past 40 years.
There was the Bush illegal forward lateral to no one during a long run… and the knee was down

Reactions: BESCFAN

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Texas was good under Mack Brown for about 11 years. They returned to the BCS title game with Colt McCoy and an undefeated team in 2009, where they lost a great game to Alabama after losing McCoy to injury early in the 1st quarter and having to play his true freshman backup.

TrojanHorseshoe

Aug 24, 2017
My apologies for the botched posts earlier. Was too busy at the time to clean it up. Now that I have time, my counter-argument:

An SECESPIN article? C’mon man, try harder than that. OF COURSE they’re going to include everyone under the sun in an article about blue bloods! They are ALL ABOUT profit and do not want to ostracize ANY fan base from their viewership. They would be shooting themselves in the foot if they put together a real article that was exclusive in nature. Their opinion is undermined by their financial goals.

Secondly:
1634518652363.jpeg
Take a look at this table. Specifically, the first FOUR (4) rows: USC appears FOUR (4) times, UT appears ONCE (1).

My point is proven. UT are pretenders, their fans are delusional, and have fooled you into believing they are something they’re not. Flat out.

Additionally, the ‘06 Nattie game, where they derive so much of their modern “luster” from, one observation about the hero of that game for them, Vince Young: he nearly attempted suicide with the Titans and is now broke. Meanwhile, the Heismans on the field, Matt and Reggie, are killing it as Fox Sports analysts, and Reggie as a spokesperson for Wendy’s. As far as alum go, I’d much rather take USC’s over Texas’s.

A blueblood is more than the greatness and stats of the underlying program. We have so many players in the NFL that will be remembered for time immemorial that many NFL fans are aware of. For example: Troy Palamalu, Marcus Allen, Lynn Swann, etc, etc. How many of those types of players has Texas had? I can’t name one, homie.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
My apologies for the botched posts earlier. Was too busy at the time to clean it up. Now that I have time, my counter-argument:

An SECESPIN article? C’mon man, try harder than that. OF COURSE they’re going to include everyone under the sun in an article about blue bloods! They are ALL ABOUT profit and do not want to ostracize ANY fan base from their viewership. They would be shooting themselves in the foot if they put together a real article that was exclusive in nature. Their opinion is undermined by their financial goals.

Secondly:
View attachment 156885
Take a look at this table. Specifically, the first FOUR (4) rows: USC appears FOUR (4) times, UT appears ONCE (1).

My point is proven. UT are pretenders, their fans are delusional, and have fooled you into believing they are something they’re not. Flat out.

Additionally, the ‘06 Nattie game, where they derive so much of their modern “luster” from, one observation about the hero of that game for them, Vince Young: he nearly attempted suicide with the Titans and is now broke. Meanwhile, the Heismans on the field, Matt and Reggie, are killing it as Fox Sports analysts, and Reggie as a spokesperson for Wendy’s. As far as alum go, I’d much rather take USC’s over Texas’s.

A blueblood is more than the greatness and stats of the underlying program. We have so many players in the NFL that will be remembered for time immemorial that many NFL fans are aware of. For example: Troy Palamalu, Marcus Allen, Lynn Swann, etc, etc. How many of those types of players has Texas had? I can’t name one, homie.

Hahahahaha.

O-tay, "homie".

Look at your own table, at the top, "College Football Bluebloods". Who's that second from the right, snuggled in rather comfortably between USC and Nebraska? Is that a buffalo, a Hereford or a Longhorn?

Maybe you've never heard of Roosevelt Leaks, Earl Campbell, Vince Young, Tommy Nobis, Eric Metcalf, Ray Williams, Cedric Benson, Priest Holmes, Scott Appleby, Jerry Sizemore, John Lamb Jones and Ricky Williams? Too bad, You missed some great players.

As I said, we can argue this ish all day and you'll never change your mind. You won't even accept your own evidence to the contrary.

I'm done. Nothing to be learned or gained by continuing.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Most lists of “Bluebloods” that I’ve seen have the same 8 teams. It’s not just espn.

It’s pretty much a consensus on those 8, though some lists add a few teams that I disagree with.

SC93er

Aug 24, 2017
Sometimes even very smart people have to hit bottom before they figure out life and turn things around. Fortunately, most Americans are remarkably forgiving.
We should all be forgiving of anyone in his situation...anyone, that is, who doesn’t hire a lawyer to shake down his employer for millions because of the problems he alone caused.

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
We should all be forgiving of anyone in his situation...anyone, that is, who doesn’t hire a lawyer to shake down his employer for millions because of the problems he alone caused.

Well, I did say most…

Peete2Affholter

Aug 24, 2017

Well, if a fanbase's opinion of whether their program was blueblood or not mattered, then Texas A&M would be the bluest of bluebloods. :ROFLMAO:

But it does surprise me that Texas, being in a state where football is more sacred than Islam in Arabia, has actually accomplished relatively little compared to say, their neighbors to the north.

Reactions: TrojanHorseshoe

Latest posts