The Duece

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,031
8,370
113
Anyone watching this? It's not bad but Maggie Gyllenhaal makes me want to puke every time she's on screen.
 

Been Jammin

Heisman
Jun 26, 2003
66,594
49,998
113
Haven't watched yet. Probably won't. Star studded cast, HBO, yet hardly anyone is talking about it. I figure that means it can't be any good.
 

CowboyJD

Heisman
Dec 12, 2002
30,977
20,811
0
Watching because of David Simon and George Pelecanos.

It's okay, but I want The Wire (Simon was the creator/writer/producer/director and Pelecanos was a writer/director). It's not The Wire.
 

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,031
8,370
113
The only thing that reminds me of the Wire is how the end each episode with the little music overlay. I think it's gotten better as it's gone on but I actually enjoyed the show about the music industry they cancelled last year better. Not everything can be The Wire or Sopranos.
 

Air_Thurman

Heisman
Jan 16, 2003
32,687
32,880
63
I like it a lot. I find myself liking the Franco stuff a lot more than the prostitute stuff (although they are starting to overlap).
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  2. 02 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  5. 05 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4